major problems with iPhone 3GS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 7, 2013
iPhone turns off between 50% & 80% and doesn't turn on again unless its plugged in. and also, screen is cracked quite a lot and i haven't got a home button because it was threw onto the floor. could the problem be because i need a new bettery or because it may have bin slightly disconnected?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
iPhone turns off between 50% & 80% and doesn't turn on again unless its plugged in. and also, screen is cracked quite a lot and I haven't got a home button because it was threw onto the floor. could the problem be because I need a new bettery or because it may have bin slightly disconnected?
It could be because of internal damage caused when it was thrown to the floor. With all the damage you have it may be time to cut your losses and get a new phone.

Sep 7, 2013
yh i think i could but im not backed up on iTunes and ill lose everything and ive got pictures i wanna keep hold of. and also the iPhone belong to a family member who passed away. is there any way it can be fixed?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
iPhone turns off between 50% & 80% and doesn't turn on again unless its plugged in. and also, screen is cracked quite a lot and I haven't got a home button because it was threw onto the floor. could the problem be because I need a new bettery or because it may have bin slightly disconnected?
I have to agree with Napoleon, and also the iPhone battery could be damaged, causing it to turn off between 50 and 80%. That wouldn't happen unless something is damaged such as the battery. This is the first hearing this happen.

As far as the iPhone being fixed, I don't see Apple or stores like Best Buy fixing it for free as it was thrown on the ground or dropped. Do you have your photos anywhere else that you know of?

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
will getting a new battery fix the problem?
I would not be the right person to answer this question, however you could take it to your carrier or to an Apple store if you have one nearby, and they can try to let you know all of the damages that the iPhone has.

As far as everything you have on your iPhone, I would make a note of all your applications you have and want to reinstall if that will need to be done with a new iPhone or a fixed one.

Sent using iCafe app