Major Update coming at Media Event Tuesday?

Matt

Bronze
May 10, 2007
Cool! I hope they come out with a good update!

brianlamar

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
If all they added was copy/paste and unlimited storage for my text messages, they would never have to update my phone again.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Def makes sense because everytime i sync my phone iTunes says it will check for an update again in the 18th which is tuesday .... I hope we get a huge update and a leopard release date

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
Def makes sense because everytime i sync my phone iTunes says it will check for an update again in the 18th which is tuesday .... I hope we get a huge update and a leopard release date
that has nothing to do with a release date. mine will check again on the 20th. big deal. but i know we will see one next week if just for the iTunes store.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
There will probably be an update but I doubt it will include anywhere near the number of improvements they list. They may be shooting all over the map hoping they hit one of them.

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I'll believe it when I see it.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
The more I have been thinking, the more logical it sounds that we will see improvements come at the UK event Tuesday. After all, Europeans demand more out of cell phones than do we heavenly american users. If a phone doesn't have simple functions like MMS, then I bet many buyers will pass on the iPhone. Just look at the iPod marketshare. Europeans aren't as in love with Apple products as american users are. I bet we do see MMS added ahead of t he euro release. Apple knows they need to fix most of the complaints before they release it in europe, or it will flop tremendously. Europeans users wont tolerate getting a "youve been sent a media message, go to viewmymessage.com and enter xxxxxx password xxxx to view it."

they will just get another phone.

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
"Early expectations from RBC Capital Market analyst Mike Abramsky indicated that the iPhone update is very likely to include new widgets, peer-to-peer applications (chat, picture messaging, social networking), location-based services, MMS support, home networking and integration with Mac OS X Leopard."

Wow, I would be really impressed if they added all these things! But I'll believe it when I see it.

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I saw that picture with the new icon while browsing the Apple page the other day. Makes sense an update would be in the near future.

dmwinkler11@ou.edu

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Ok, this isn't really proof but just a thought... All the iPhone pics I see have the iTunes widget under preferences... Wouldn't you think if they were adding one widget it'd be on the left under the clock? Maybe we will get several new things!

This could just be the O.C.D. talking lol

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Ok, this isn't really proof but just a thought... All the iPhone pics I see have the iTunes widget under preferences... Wouldn't you think if they were adding one widget it'd be on the left under the clock? Maybe we will get several new things!

This could just be the O.C.D. talking lol
I really really hope your right ... but I think the reason why its under the setting icon is because its above the iPod icon. So the music downloads from iTunes and the iTunes icon with the arrow points to the ipod which is where the music goes when its downloaded ... thats what i first thought when i saw it but i really hope im wrong and your right ....

dmwinkler11@ou.edu

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I really really hope your right ... but I think the reason why its under the setting icon is because its above the iPod icon. So the music downloads from iTunes and the iTunes icon with the arrow points to the ipod which is where the music goes when its downloaded ... thats what i first thought when i saw it but i really hope im wrong and your right ....
Thats two of us! :)

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
The new update will be to directly deposit your money into Apple's account. Why would they provide any helpful updates!?!?!? They are way to busy shutting down ways that people are getting around paying for ringtones! Maybe the announcement is that Starbucks cups will have a new iPhone holder. Or vice versa.......the iPhone will have a new accessory cupholder that holds starbucks cups for $2.00.

All the people in the Apple crowd will cheer obnoxiously for Steve Job's next crappy idea! I will take this back if there is an actual update that is worthy.:p

dmwinkler11@ou.edu

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
The new update will be to directly deposit your money into Apple's account. Why would they provide any helpful updates!?!?!? They are way to busy shutting down ways that people are getting around paying for ringtones! Maybe the announcement is that Starbucks cups will have a new iPhone holder. Or vice versa.......the iPhone will have a new accessory cupholder that holds starbucks cups for $2.00.

All the people in the Apple crowd will cheer obnoxiously for Steve Job's next crappy idea! I will take this back if there is an actual update that is worthy.:p
I'm sure Apple is aware that there are a lot of people who won't buy an iPhone because of it lacking "common" features, so why wouldn't they add these wanted features to both keep current customers happy and talking great about Apple and to draw in those people who are holding off because of lacking features.

Matt Random

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007

I wouldn't mind paying for a couple of ringtones if I could get them for the tunes I want. I didn't see any ringtone icons at all when I was browsing iTunes! I guess I'm not hip enough.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
ive said this before and i'll say it again .. european users demand more out of phones than do we americans. many in europe may just pass up on the iPhone since it lacks basic features like MMS, chat, voice dialing etc.... so i would imagine (and hope) Apple will address these things tomorrow at the launch event. i'm hoping steve will be there to demo the new functions that Apple added rather than just re-demoing the iTunes wifi store or just announcing which company has secured the rights to offer it. surely Apple wouldn't hold a special event just to say O2 will be offering the iPhone. i hope he is actually there to demo new features like MMS and ichat and voice dialing and maybe video recording! but

i know this is all a dream, and all we'll see tomorrow is the home button double tap, double tap space bar to make a "." and iTunes wifi w/international keyboard support.

that will be our update, and i am almost willing to put money on that.