Make It Mine....

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
does it only change the carrier name? Thats all that I have changed so far which was pretty simple. Just wondering does it change anything else.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Only the carrier image. No unlocking or anything similar. My carrier is AT&T, and my carrier image is T-Mobile; I'm still with ATT.

- John

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
mine says Bone.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Mine is the exact opposite of John's..

on tmobile, says AT&T.

sometimes, though I wrote it in this style - tmobile rather than T-Mobile.

jhives

Feb 17, 2008
I set mine to 'Ipod', and then selected an image from customize.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
its always the best when Im talking to someone with a stock iPhone who hasn't ever seen a jailbroke iPhone before. Its alwways the first thing I say. ""so you see were your phone says AT&T? They're like yes. That's when I start to blow there mind. Lol

Doakiphone

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
Is there a way to change the font or color with MIM? I mean there isn't any settings option with the app, but I've seen on this forum that people have changed color and font. Also I'd love to use carrier logo's on my customize, but I cant get them to show up. I have 1.1.4 with the compatibility patch 1.1.4 (for customize to think im running 1.1.3). Does anyone know how I can get the carrier icons to work?

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Yes, this is quite a cool feature. Mine says my last name - think about if it were ever stolen - be pretty easy to figure out which phone was mine! :laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Mine are typically very boring - cingular, T-Mobile, O2-UK, etc.

- John

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
how? does yours scroll now or something?
Apple left a rather small space for operator name, so if it's above 7(?) characters, it will scroll, and display only first part (click picture at right). I found a way to decrease the font size, making it fit.
Load the following file in a Hex editor:
System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard Font size should be at offset 7C176. In HxD, just click "Search → Goto" and set offset to 7C176 as shown in picture below. If the font size is not at this offset in your file, you can try a text string search for loopOperatorToBeginning, it should be right above that.

As you can see, you can also change the font type, and color of the text. Default is size 14. Changing it to 11 or 12 should do.

From i.unlock.no

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
yep! It scrolls. When you turn on or go to home it scrolls the whole line, then it settles in on a few of the letters.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
SometimesI use Banner to write that and I use Customize to replace carrier name.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Apple left a rather small space for operator name, so if it's above 7(?) characters, it will scroll, and display only first part (click picture at right). I found a way to decrease the font size, making it fit.
System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard Font size should be at offset 7C176. In HxD, just click "Search → Goto" and set offset to 7C176 as shown in picture below. If the font size is not at this offset in your file, you can try a text string search for loopOperatorToBeginning, it should be right above that.

As you can see, you can also change the font type, and color of the text. Default is size 14. Changing it to 11 or 12 should do.

From i.unlock.no
no, I knew this, because I knew that some people with unlocked phones on, say, networks with long names like, MEGAFON-MSK (megafon, Moscow) would scroll, and you could make it not scroll, I just was too lazy to make mine like that, although the longest true string mine has seen is T-Mobile..

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007

From i.unlock.no
Lol, is that CSS I see in the hex editor screenshot? CSS would look something like this:

name { font-size: 12px; color: white; }

If that were the case, it would be cool to add a padding: 3px 0px 0px 0px; to that as well, because the smaller font looks pretty bad without proper vertical alignment.

Apple is all about the little details like that imho.