Make Mp3 Your Ringtones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tpain

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Dose anybody know if u can make mp3s your ringtones or do u have to do somthing to them like convert them and use iTunes to put them on, im new to the iPhone just got one if somebody can help thanks.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
depends.. if you have the latest iTunes then you can only make the music that you buy off iTunes into ring tones... they have to be the ones that iTunes says it is ok for you to do that... there is a little bell next to the song

fbcbeer

Oct 9, 2007
How can you make your own ringtones?

I bought iPhoneringtonemaker, but I cant find the ringtones once I look on my phone. Whats the best way?

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I used WinSCP earlier and just drag and dropped an mp3 into the ringtones folder, but this method with WinSCP im guessing will only work with windows.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
I did use iPhoneringtonemaker once as a trial today and the ringtone didn't stay on my phone. BUT, the one i put in manually via WinSCP is still there.

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
can u post how u did it? and how do u log into WINSCP?

You have to have openSSH installed on the phone, a WiFI connection, and for WinSCP you need windows but there is also a program for Mac.

But fist you have to find your phones IP which you can get in the WiFI menu under settings. Then you open WinSCP or mac equivalent, then you but the IP address where it says host name, leave the port as 22, user name is root PW is dottie, where it says file protocol select SCP, then hit login.

Now you have access to the directories in your iPhone.

I found the ringtones at var/root/Library/Ringtones.

Hope that helps you out a little

Last edited by a moderator: