Make Ringtones in iPhone

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
What is the name of the application that allowed you to make ringtones from your iTunes list on the iPhone from within the iPhone. I had it when i first jailbroke my iPhone before i was deployed and now i cant remember what it was called.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
ahh yes, it was never ported to 2.0 i assume?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
No. There are many alternatives though, just search around in Cydia with the term "ringtone", there should be plenty of options. Let me suggest something, however. Creating ringtones on your phone is not the best idea since when you restore your phone or it crashes, or whatever, you lose all those ringtones. I strongly suggest you just make ringtones on your computer that go into iTunes and sync to your phone. That way you'll always have a backup ready. To make ringtones just take any song in iTunes, right click, say convert to AAC, then right click again to locate in explorer, then edit the song down to 30 seconds using any audio editor, now rename the extension from .m4a to .m4r, drag and drop in iTunes, then sync. It's really easy!

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
No. There are many alternatives though, just search around in Cydia with the term "ringtone", there should be plenty of options. Let me suggest something, however. Creating ringtones on your phone is not the best idea since when you restore your phone or it crashes, or whatever, you lose all those ringtones. I strongly suggest you just make ringtones on your computer that go into iTunes and sync to your phone. That way you'll always have a backup ready. To make ringtones just take any song in iTunes, right click, say convert to AAC, then right click again to locate in explorer, then edit the song down to 30 seconds using any audio editor, now rename the extension from .m4a to .m4r, drag and drop in iTunes, then sync. It's really easy!
thanks for the tip, i used to make them in garageband

LeXi

Dec 15, 2008
I have been tempted in purchasing Itoner 2, its only 15 bux and looks like a pretty slick program for sending ringtones to you phone.

khazoie

Feb 9, 2009
Another alternative is to right click on the song first, click on get info, go to Options tab, then modify start and stop time. Then you can convert to AAC and follow the rest of wild's instructions. This way you don't need to use an audio editor.

pdf9367

Feb 12, 2009
How do I covert them to AAC? After I right click and try what you suggested, I get a message that says that this song is "protected" and can't be coverted....help?