Makin' a dock!

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten

My poor dock! (after I tried to make it work for the new Seidio case I just got). I don't' really use it because I don't really like messing with removing my case all the time. I used to have an Incase rubber case and liked it, just received my new Seidio and really like it so far (wish it had a little more grip though). I've got a mill at work and thought I could machine it to fit, I thought the plastic was much thicker. Not the case, it's heavy cause it's got a large chunk of zinc in it. Anyway, managed to get it apart and it still works, so...............

I'm making an aluminum dock! Still in very early stages, (just started actually) and don't know how well it'll work (if at all?). I can only mess with it when I'm slow or at lunch, so it might take some time to get it right (got lots of aluminum). It should work with most cases I think, fits my Incase and Seidio fine. I'll post more pics as I go.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
looks awesome so far.... bored at work i guess... keep us updated

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Just make sure you don't make too good a job of it all you'll attract a whole bunch of requests from here:laugh2:

astrolux

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I would gladly pay for one of those!

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Dang that does look pretty sweet so far.

Doesn't look so sweet now. Milled too far and put a hole into the slot part, oops. Need some different bits for the mill, don't have any right now that are round to make the proper shape in the bottom of the slot (like the original one). Gonna get goin' on it again soon though!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Round the edges or something - now it looks like a big slab of metal.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Any advancements on this?
Wow, you dug this up! Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to messing with it lately. I screwed up the first one pretty good and have been busy with the holidays and got engaged also. If I get something going again I'll keep everyone in the know.

Dec 23, 2007
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
Wow, you dug this up! Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to messing with it lately. I screwed up the first one pretty good and have been busy with the holidays and got engaged also. If I get something going again I'll keep everyone in the know.
I'm new to the forums here, so I've been going through a lot of old posts, and this project is very cool! I hope you find the time to work on it again!