Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Making a Murderer[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Documentary[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-12-18[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Moira Demos[/SERIESAUTH], [SERIESAUTH]Laura Ricciardi[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Steven Avery[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Set in America’s Heartland, Making a Murderer follows the harrowing story of Steven Avery, an outsider from the wrong side of the tracks, convicted and later exonerated of a brutal assault. His release triggered major criminal justice reform legislation, and he filed a lawsuit that threatened to expose corruption in local law enforcement and award him millions of dollars. But in the midst of his very public civil case, he suddenly finds himself the prime suspect in a grisly new crime.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Tonight I was poking around a bit on Netflix and Amazon Prime for a new series to keep my occupied on my elliptical. This caught my eye. Thanks for the recommendation.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've been been binge-watching this for a couple days. I still have a few episodes left. If you have any doubts that mannerisms and dialect used in Fargo were real, this will dispel them.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Scrapbooking. :)

I've watched it three times. It just doesn't seem to get old for me!
Oh, yeah! That's a lot funnier. I'm sure I heard it right when it aired. I was just watching it on my phone right now and for some reason I couldn't tell. Check out The Big Short when you get a chance. Steve Carell is really good in it.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Oh, yeah! That's a lot funnier. I'm sure I heard it right when it aired. I was just watching it on my phone right now and for some reason I couldn't tell. Check out The Big Short when you get a chance. Steve Carell is really good in it.
I just looked it up. Carrell, Gosling, and Pitt? That sounds like a great mix! The cast alone is reason enough to watch, for me. Thank you for the heads-up.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I finished it this morning. Great documentary on how the police coerced confessions out of a sixteen-year-old mentally sluggish kid, who couldn't understand the implications of doing so and didn't have a lawyer present. Additionally, they framed his uncle.

I hope both are eventually able to get new trials.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There's a highly-rated podcast called Serial that my brother recommended to me. It's actually credited as being the world's most popular podcast. I'm a third of the way through episode 2 and hooked. I'm going to listen to a few more today. I recommend it to anyone who liked Making a Murderer. @Rafagon, check it out and let me know what you think.
IMG_2285.jpg