Making a playlist from iPhone

JEWISH_GOAT

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
So when I transfer songs from iTunes to my phone they all go into that same playlist on my phone. Can I create playlists on my phone other than 'on the go'? :confused:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
So when I transfer songs from iTunes to my phone they all go into that same playlist on my phone. Can I create playlists on my phone other than 'on the go'? :confused:
I do not think you can make playlists on the iPhone. (Someone can correct me if I am wrong). You have to make the playlists in iTunes and then sync. When you sync you chose which playlists want. This is useful when you have more than one person using iTunes. My kids have a playlist with all the Hannah Montana, etc. I have a playist that I sync to my shuffle for the gym. I sync just the music library, not any specific playlists to the iPhone since the music is already sorted by albums and then I like to flip through the cover flow.

EDIT-reply if you need help making a new playlist in iTunes.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Hey, I'm new to this whole iTunes thing. Are you saying you have everyone in the family on one account on your mac running one instance of iTunes and sharing the same library? You can sync to multiple pods and phones this way? Same songs on different devices? I have it set up such that each user (family member) has their own account on the mac and then their own library. I guess I'm paying multiple times for the same music over various libraries....

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Hey, I'm new to this whole iTunes thing. Are you saying you have everyone in the family on one account on your mac running one instance of iTunes and sharing the same library? You can sync to multiple pods and phones this way? Same songs on different devices? I have it set up such that each user (family member) has their own account on the mac and then their own library. I guess I'm paying multiple times for the same music over various libraries....
yes. We sync one iPhone, 2 nanos and 2 shuffles to the same iTunes acct.