Making icons in Photoshop

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
I extracted and icon that from my iPhone through ssh and when i went to open it it said "file format module cannot parse the file" what does that mean I openned the properties and it is a png. I open and make png icons all the time?Please Help!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
PNG files on the iPhone are encoded so that they can only be read the the iPhone's file architecture. You can decode them to be read on a computer with this tool, but it does require terminal use. Read about it here.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I extracted and icon that from my iPhone through ssh and when i went to open it it said "file format module cannot parse the file" what does that mean I openned the properties and it is a png. I open and make png icons all the time?Please Help!

I have the adobe CS3 Suite, and in the suite is a program called Fireworks. PNG files open up in Fireworks. When i am SSHC'ing my phone, i can click on the png files in the various themes and it will open in Fireworks and i can change them if i want.

I don't know if this is what you are wanting to do....

teambash

Bronze
Aug 20, 2008
what does the size need to be for a new icon? If I want to replace the dobot todays app what is the file ext to replace?
Thanks

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Thanks very much where would i find the extension to change winterboard?
Are you wanting to change the Winterboard icon? Is that what you mean "extension"?

It located in the Winterboard.app folder under /Applications

The file is Icon.png