Making iPod in iPhone stay in portrait mode

tasiv

Feb 25, 2009
I use the iPod portion of my iPhone in my car through my stereo system. When I am driving and want to go to the next song or change playlists (when at a redlight, of course), it's easy when the iPod is in portrait mode. But it's a nightmare to find any controls when it switches to the landscape mode. Is there a way to set it so it STAYS in portrait mode?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Yeah, don't turn it sideways.

Currently there is no way to stop the landscape/portrait mode switch. (at least that i know of)

tasiv

Feb 25, 2009
Thank you. Now I see that I was inadvertently turning it partly sideways and that was the cause of the problem. I guess you have to keep it precisely upright. Thanks!

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
yeah, you gotta keep the phone relatively upright. I was having the same problem, so I had to change how I positioned my phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That annoys me as well, especially while I'm laying on my side in bed trying to use the phone. Unfortunately, there's no global rotation lock (portrait only mode) on the iPhone. Some individual apps have it though. I've noticed it on a few of the RSS feeds apps (feeds and bolt reader) and the myfox browser has one as well.