Making own ringtones---How?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Youtube shows some guy showing off a custom ringtone. Looks real to me, so how does he do it?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Link. As far as I know you cant. Unless he hacked it which I doubt.

dllfiles

Jul 11, 2007
Youtube shows some guy showing off a custom ringtone. Looks real to me, so how does he do it?
Do you think you could post the Youtube video so we can watch it?

Never mind, It was on the Engadget home page.

Link:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Here's the link to the video. It's kinda lame, but it seems he may have put a ringtone on the phone.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
so the question remains , how....

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
i read that in the comments on the video but i don't have irc nor know how to use it lol.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
i have a hard time believing the info is floating , somebody would have done a writeup now.....

GP78

Jul 2, 2007
NJ, USA
i have a hard time believing the info is floating , somebody would have done a writeup now.....
Gizmodo had an article in the past couple days about it. See it here.

Those guys who are doing work over on the IRC are doing a terrific job. And I'm sure someone will package it in a shiny graphical wrapper soon enough.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I believe Apple has every intention of giving us Ringtones. If you watch the original Keynote, it's right there, as a new sync tab in iTunes... along with Personal, Photos, Music, etc., there is a tab for Ringtones.

You can see it here if you want:
(it's towards the end of the video)

Give it some time... we'll be seeing it soon, I'm sure!

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I believe Apple has every intention of giving us Ringtones. If you watch the original Keynote, it's right there, as a new sync tab in iTunes... along with Personal, Photos, Music, etc., there is a tab for Ringtones.

You can see it here if you want:
(it's towards the end of the video)

Give it some time... we'll be seeing it soon, I'm sure!
True, but a big ongoing theory is that these ringtones will be available for purchase only through the iTunes store. I would love if iTunes had a ringtone builder, but I just don't see that happening.

This video shows someone using a custom ringtone that he most likely did not have to pay for...

hiwind

Jul 1, 2007
I don't even know what that is... =[

HELP! lol

goto www.mirc.com and download the latest irc file - create a name/nickname/email etc... thank click "ok" now in the blank windows type
/server irc.prison.net when it logs in the server type /join #iPhone

if u get confused message me and ill help u out :cool:

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
interesting . id never do this and compromise my syncing ability though screw that......

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
interesting . id never do this and compromise my syncing ability though screw that......
Well, I think you can get it back, but you have to do a full software restore on your iPhone. But I agree; I'll wait until they get past that little quirk before I try the mod.

Cash is working on a new guide tonight that doesn't have this problem.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
sweet . i knew it would come pretty quick . thats why i didn't understand everyones complaining . the phone is brand new . takes time to get these kinds of things sorted out.

AllanGT

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Dallas
Nice, it's only a matter of time before a safer way surfaces for Mac and PC users alike. If anyone on here successfuly gives this a shot, let us know :cool: