Making phone call issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jareknyc, Oct 23, 2011.

1. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

Sometimes when I make a phone call it dials out but I don't hear anything , suddenly time is going which means someone picked up that phone call, but I can't hear anything, I hung up then call again, and I hear everything

2. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Could be the network. AT&T, Verizon or Sprint?

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

4. Robin Helene Hébert

I exchanged my phone because it did the same thing. The new one does not.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

i just hate exchangine new phone, maybe its just network... i don't know what to think anymore

6. Robin Helene Hébert

See if it does it again because my new one has not done it.

7. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

it just did, tried calling my mom and it was silent for 10 sec then i looked at my phone and clock started counting, it was at 0:05 sec so i cant hear neither they cant ...

8. Robin Helene Hébert

Ok get down to that store pronto.

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Wow, it must be the network. This happens to me and I figure its the network being slow because EVERYONE in my complex has this phone now with AT&T soo.... It's going to be a little clogged. I just wait for it to connect or just call back.

Yesterday, I MADE my sister buy the iPhone. She didn't get the iPhone 4s she got the iPhone 4 with Verizon. She wasn't switching to AT&T, but it's GR8 because at least she has a decent phone now. Well, yesterday as I'm setting up her iTunes. She gets a text and she answers it then the person calls her. ~side bar, why call if you're exchanging texts?~:confused: Well my sister put the phone up to her ear and couldn't hear a thing. I told her to press Answer and she did and still couldn't hear a thing. She's instantly ranting and raving on about returning the phone. I took the phone from her and took off the plastic. She never removed it. That was what was causing her not to hear. She felt kinda silly.

Sometimes it's just the simplest things. :rolleyes:

10. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

It happen again today, i will make apt tom to Apple store i hope they have in stock to exchnage it...

11. Robin Helene Hébert

I hope so, go there as soon as you can.

12. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I have been having this problem since I got my iPhone 4S. I'm on AT&T. My previous iPhone does not do this. Still doesn't since my wife has it now. AT&T told me it was the sim card which they replaced last month. Still does it. I am making an appointment with the genius bar now.

Hate to say it, but I was glad to see someone else was having this issue besides me.

13. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

My phone does this from time to time, like others I always thought that it was just the network needing to connect, never thought it was an issue.

14. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Mine did it today and a couple other times, but I'm on Verizon. It gets to about 15 sec and no one is on the other end, but yet it's connected :(

15. lightmaster

lightmaster New Member

Mine did it too on Verizon. I exchanged it and have had no problems since! Hopefully you are still within 30 days and can get a new one.... Good luck!