Making phone call issue

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
Sometimes when I make a phone call it dials out but I don't hear anything , suddenly time is going which means someone picked up that phone call, but I can't hear anything, I hung up then call again, and I hear everything

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
i just hate exchangine new phone, maybe its just network... i don't know what to think anymore

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
it just did, tried calling my mom and it was silent for 10 sec then i looked at my phone and clock started counting, it was at 0:05 sec so i cant hear neither they cant ...

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Wow, it must be the network. This happens to me and I figure its the network being slow because EVERYONE in my complex has this phone now with AT&T soo.... It's going to be a little clogged. I just wait for it to connect or just call back.

Yesterday, I MADE my sister buy the iPhone. She didn't get the iPhone 4s she got the iPhone 4 with Verizon. She wasn't switching to AT&T, but it's GR8 because at least she has a decent phone now. Well, yesterday as I'm setting up her iTunes. She gets a text and she answers it then the person calls her. ~side bar, why call if you're exchanging texts?~:confused: Well my sister put the phone up to her ear and couldn't hear a thing. I told her to press Answer and she did and still couldn't hear a thing. She's instantly ranting and raving on about returning the phone. I took the phone from her and took off the plastic. She never removed it. That was what was causing her not to hear. She felt kinda silly.

Sometimes it's just the simplest things. :rolleyes:

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
It happen again today, i will make apt tom to Apple store i hope they have in stock to exchnage it...

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I have been having this problem since I got my iPhone 4S. I'm on AT&T. My previous iPhone does not do this. Still doesn't since my wife has it now. AT&T told me it was the sim card which they replaced last month. Still does it. I am making an appointment with the genius bar now.

Hate to say it, but I was glad to see someone else was having this issue besides me.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
My phone does this from time to time, like others I always thought that it was just the network needing to connect, never thought it was an issue.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Mine did it today and a couple other times, but I'm on Verizon. It gets to about 15 sec and no one is on the other end, but yet it's connected :(

Jun 15, 2010
Mine did it too on Verizon. I exchanged it and have had no problems since! Hopefully you are still within 30 days and can get a new one.... Good luck!