Making ringtones same for 3G S as 3G?

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
I tried to make a ringtone last night same way i did on the v1, and the same way they say works with the 3g. I got it into the ringtone folder synced up and it wont come up on my iPhone?

using this video as a guide, is there not a way for the 3g s yet or am i missing a step?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Should have nothing to do with the phone, all my custom ringtones carried over. Might be an iTnes 8.2 issue.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Sorry, your doing something wrong, I just used the method in the video and it worked fine, synced to my phone no problem.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
humm ok good to know thanks. Better to know i missed a step then that it doesn't work. Ill try again.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
I just followed those instructions to a T. Made sure it was set to import at aac as well and its still not showing up in my ringtones. I even clicked on the ringtone itself to make sure it would sync that one and it still didn't work. I get it into the ringtone folder just fine but when i sync it doesn't show up on ringtones on my phone. any ideas?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Zip the file up and post it, I'll see if it wiil sync on my phone

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
I gotta be honest i don't know how to do that lol. The song was downloaded flac via torrent. I changed the format with dbpoweramp to 192kbs and put it in my iTunes. It plays just fine etc. is the file too large for a ringtone maybe? Im not sure? sorry and thanks again for you guy's help.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I gotta be honest i don't know how to do that lol. The song was downloaded flac via torrent. I changed the format with dbpoweramp to 192kbs and put it in my iTunes. It plays just fine etc. is the file too large for a ringtone maybe? Im not sure? sorry and thanks again for you guy's help.
I don't know. What is the song?

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
Linkin Park - New Divide I have it cropped or did to 30 seconds exactly don't know whats going on. I also tried a different song and that didn't work either. Same thing everything works great and then it wont show up after synced.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
You remember what your start and end points were? I have that song, I can make you a quick tone.

It's probably too high a bit rate to be used on the phone.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
i started at .59 and finished at 1:29. so you think i should put a copy of it in iTunes at the lowest bitrate and try that? thanks again for the help man really appreciate it.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
ok this time i even copyed it in 8kbps sounds terrible so i know its not the size thats making it not work. Again copied right over all steps went flawless was in ringtones then sync it up and nothing on the iPhone but it even lets me click the box to put that specific ringtone on the phone. Im at a loss for words lol.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I don't know, it could be other things, like how it was converted to aac, I only do it with mp3 files and I usually use iPhone ringtone maker.

Here is your tone.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
I don't know, it could be other things, like how it was converted to aac, I only do it with mp3 files and I usually use iPhone ringtone maker.

Here is your tone.
Yours worked great lol i don't get it. Maybe its because when i downloaded it it was flac instead of Mp3 from now on ill download those i want as ringtones just that song from MP3 instead of converting them. Thanks again man i really appreciate it now i need someone to call me haha. :cool:

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
One thing that got me confused was that when you are dragging the the new .m4r file back into iTunes you can't drag it directly back to your library, you have to drag it to the column on the left to add it to your ring tones folder.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
yeah i read that in the link posted up above kinda weird. Im gonna try it with a straight mp3 later hopefully it will work so i can do my own haha.

shyn320

Oct 18, 2007
i couldnt get this work well then again im using a mac is there any difference

Tim Harper

Bronze
Aug 12, 2008
Springfield, IL
Much easier solution for custom ringtones.

http://audiko.net

You can upload and trim whatever MP3's you have then they convert it for you. You then download it and just drag it to your Ringtones folder, then sync.

Or you can search their library they have of ringtones people made already, that is what I been doing. Takes me about 15 seconds to download and upload a new ringtone. No skill needed to use that site.