Making Ringtones.

Jul 27, 2008
I'm not sure if this is in the right section but what is a good ring tone maker? i tried iRinger but my ring tone stops and go as it is being played on my iPhone. Is there any other ring tone makers?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I'm not sure if this is in the right section but what is a good ring tone maker? i tried iRinger but my ring tone stops and go as it is being played on my iPhone. Is there any other ring tone makers?
If you have a mac you can just create a 30second clip of your favorite song and export to the file type ringtone.

Try searching there are many threads about ringtones.

This should tell you what you want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 27, 2008
If you have a mac you can just create a 30second clip of your favorite song and export to the file type ringtone.

Try searching there are many threads about ringtones.
Uh i have Windows.I tried looking at them but couldn't find any. Maybe I'm not working hard enough..

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Uh i have Windows.I tried looking at them but couldn't find any. Maybe I'm not working hard enough..
If you read the link i sent to you, it explains it pretty well. A video too I think.
HERE

Last edited by a moderator:

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Welcome, man.

CharQuake

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
i just did the method from the youtube video converting the file to m4r format and it was easy and works

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I just use iTunes to make ringtones. No need for a 3rd party app if you have it available at yoru finger tips.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Originally Posted by BLIK
1. Listen to your MP3 and decide what part of the track you want as your ringtone (30 seconds maximum). Note the play time (for example, I would like to use 0:43 to 1:05 as my ringtone).

2. Right click on the MP3 in iTunes. Select "Get Info." Select the "Options" tab. Make sure the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" boxes are checked and enter the times you have selected for your ringtone. Click "OK."

3. Right click on the MP3 again, and select "Convert Selection to AAC." iTunes will create a second track with the same title.

4. Click and Drag the new track onto your desktop. Delete the track from iTunes.

5. On your desktop, right click on the track and select "Properties." If the filename has ".m4a" at the end, just change it to ".m4r", if it just has the track name, you will need to click "Cancel," open up "My Computer," select "Tools" and then "Folder Options." From there, you will select the "View" tab and uncheck the box next to "Hide extensions for known file types." Then go back to the beginning of this step and change ".m4a" to ".m4r"

6. Now the rest is simple. Back in iTunes, go to "File">"Add File to Library." Select the track from your desktop and click "Open." This will put the track in the Ringtones section of your library.

7. Go into the iPhone section of your iTunes and your newly created ringtone should be in the ringtones section ready to be synced! It will appear where the rest of the ringtones are in your phone.

Try the instructions above. Worked great for me, and it is EASY.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
I just use iTunes to make ringtones. No need for a 3rd party app if you have it available at yoru finger tips.
Doesn't it cost about 2 dollars (1 for the iTunes purchase, another for the ring tone?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I agree, people tell me that the 3rd party apps work fine. I can make an app in about 2 mins via iTunes.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
This should be a sticky, it is hard to help people with ringtone and point them in the right direction cause there are SO many!
To answer all the questions about Ringtones, just post the YouTube video that someone had.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
Mind pm'ing me the instructions?

Here...no reason not to share with everyone.
1. Listen to your MP3 and decide what part of the track you want as your ringtone (30 seconds maximum). Note the play time (for example, I would like to use 0:43 to 1:05 as my ringtone).

2. Right click on the MP3 in iTunes. Select "Get Info." Select the "Options" tab. Make sure the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" boxes are checked and enter the times you have selected for your ringtone. Click "OK."

3. Right click on the MP3 again, and select "Convert Selection to AAC." iTunes will create a second track with the same title.

4. Click and Drag the new track onto your desktop. Delete the track from iTunes.

5. On your desktop, right click on the track and select "Properties." If the filename has ".m4a" at the end, just change it to ".m4r", if it just has the track name, you will need to click "Cancel," open up "My Computer," select "Tools" and then "Folder Options." From there, you will select the "View" tab and uncheck the box next to "Hide extensions for known file types." Then go back to the beginning of this step and change ".m4a" to ".m4r"

6. Now the rest is simple. Back in iTunes, go to "File">"Add File to Library." Select the track from your desktop and click "Open." This will put the track in the Ringtones section of your library.

7. Go into the iPhone section of your iTunes and your newly created ringtone should be in the ringtones section ready to be synced! It will appear where the rest of the ringtones are in your phone.

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
^ Great, will try it once I get home to my computer!