Making the switch to Mac, please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by eXposeThyself, Dec 22, 2013.

1. eXposeThyself

eXposeThyself New Member

Aloha from Hawaii. I've decided to try switching over to mac and see of I can fall in love with it. I'm getting the iPad air and was wondering... I would like to have a monitor along to go with it and wireless keyboard and trackpad so it can feel like a desktop when I want it to. I was gonna by the Apple monitor for $1k (roughly) until I saw some really sick big screen tv's for the same price. Hmm, can I connect the air to a tv? It has no hdmi port. HELP

2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

who the hell pays $1,000 for a tv these days that doesn't have an HDMI port in it?

Sent using iCafe app in my AirPad

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I would also add that this isn't really switching over to mac. Switching over to Apple, yes, but iPad air which runs iOS is quite a bit different than a Mac which runs Mac OS.

Sent using iCafe app in my AirPad

5. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

6. eXposeThyself

eXposeThyself New Member

Sorry guys. I meant MacBook Air.
    Also, after some research, I've decided to just get the 27" iMac and an ipad air instead of an iPad air and a tv screen to hook it up to!
    EXCITED!

7. eXposeThyself

eXposeThyself New Member

Also, Current Apple products owned:
    iPhone 5, Apple TV... Can't wait to see how all these devices work together!

8. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

The new iMacs are awesome machines. I prefer to have an internal CD/DVD drive in my desktop machine but these new iMacs and the Mac Pro are worth the minor sacrifice of having to use an external drive. I have the last generation 27" iMac and it's fabulous. It used to be that you gave up a lot of performance for the convenience and lower price of the all-in-one design of the iMac, but no more! For anything but professional video editing the iMac is a capable beast.

#8 rambo47, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014