Making the switch to Mac, please help!

Oct 26, 2013
Aloha from Hawaii. I've decided to try switching over to mac and see of I can fall in love with it. I'm getting the iPad air and was wondering... I would like to have a monitor along to go with it and wireless keyboard and trackpad so it can feel like a desktop when I want it to. I was gonna by the Apple monitor for $1k (roughly) until I saw some really sick big screen tv's for the same price. Hmm, can I connect the air to a tv? It has no hdmi port. HELP

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Aloha from Hawaii. I've decided to try switching over to mac and see of I can fall in love with it. I'm getting the iPad air and was wondering... I would like to have a monitor along to go with it and wireless keyboard and trackpad so it can feel like a desktop when I want it to. I was gonna by the Apple monitor for $1k (roughly) until I saw some really sick big screen tv's for the same price. Hmm, can I connect the air to a tv? It has no hdmi port. HELP
who the hell pays $1,000 for a tv these days that doesn't have an HDMI port in it?

Sent using iCafe app in my AirPad

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I would also add that this isn't really switching over to mac. Switching over to Apple, yes, but iPad air which runs iOS is quite a bit different than a Mac which runs Mac OS.

Sent using iCafe app in my AirPad

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Oct 26, 2013
Sorry guys. I meant MacBook Air.
Also, after some research, I've decided to just get the 27" iMac and an ipad air instead of an iPad air and a tv screen to hook it up to!
EXCITED!

Oct 26, 2013
Also, Current Apple products owned:
iPhone 5, Apple TV... Can't wait to see how all these devices work together!

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
The new iMacs are awesome machines. I prefer to have an internal CD/DVD drive in my desktop machine but these new iMacs and the Mac Pro are worth the minor sacrifice of having to use an external drive. I have the last generation 27" iMac and it's fabulous. It used to be that you gave up a lot of performance for the convenience and lower price of the all-in-one design of the iMac, but no more! For anything but professional video editing the iMac is a capable beast.

Last edited: