Making your own Cydia/Installer Source/Package?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Just say you want it and I'll be glad to type a guide based on how I set up ours. It'll take until maybe Thursday.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
I think I'll just wait for your tutorial :D. Hopefully I'll be able to understand it. I really wished the iAutoRepo thing worked.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It'll take some patience, but I think I'm writing it so it'll be easy enough to follow - you may have to read it over a few times before you actually start working, though. Unfortunately, this isn't the kind of things that can have a three step tutorial written on it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The guide's about half done - unfortunately, a ton of snow & ice here in Charleston has knocked out my power, internet, phone, & cable, so I'm left with nothing but my iPhone, of which I'm not capable of writing the guide on.

carrlos

Jan 27, 2009
The guide's about half done - unfortunately, a ton of snow & ice here in Charleston has knocked out my power, internet, phone, & cable, so I'm left with nothing but my iPhone, of which I'm not capable of writing the guide on.
Sorry about the weather Lincoln! But I'm glad you're getting the guide done! There are a couple of us who are really looking forward to this. :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Working on it. Due to the forum's restriction on only six images per post, I'm having to convert 90% of the entire to guide into one giant image in order to fit it all. If all goes well, I'll have it up by tomorrow night.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You could type it all up in Word and use MS's PDF plugin (which is free) and just do it that way.
Two problems there; One, I use iWork and not Office. Two, Office doesn't support VBulletin HTML tags, which are necessary for what I'm writing.

jteddymd

Dec 13, 2009
slightly different question

I also want to know how to set up a source so people can load from my place, although right now im posting because i just recently made a custom loader for use with winterboard and i was wondering how i might get it hosted onto one of the sources that come loaded default with cydia so i can share it with others. i understand that this may seem like a noob of a question but i don't have any program that compiles what i have into a cydia package. all i have it a folder that needs to be copied into the themes folder. if anyone can assist me thank, im slowly learning the ins and outs of these awesome machines :)

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
I also want to know how to set up a source so people can load from my place, although right now im posting because i just recently made a custom loader for use with winterboard and i was wondering how i might get it hosted onto one of the sources that come loaded default with cydia so i can share it with others. i understand that this may seem like a noob of a question but i don't have any program that compiles what i have into a cydia package. all i have it a folder that needs to be copied into the themes folder. if anyone can assist me thank, im slowly learning the ins and outs of these awesome machines :)
If you just want your package on one of the default sources that come with Cydia, then submit it to the ModMyI repo: http://modmyi.com/submit/ It's the most popular one, and you can track download links.

jteddymd

Dec 13, 2009
Recompiling

Thanks man, but like I said in my post all I have is the folder, is there a simple program to recombile them into a debu package?