Man alive this battery is terrible!

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I know I'm not the first to complain, but man, I leave the house at 7 am fully charged, and two thirds of it is gone by noon. I know my problem is having 3G and Bluetooth on constantly, so I guess there's no getting around it. Problem is, is I need both on for my car and my work email during the day. Alright, my venting is over, I'll go cry myself to sleep tonight :)

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
There are 20 threads about this...now 21. :rolleyes:

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
It is bad. You have to compare it to what you do on it, though. If I use it like a phone with internet, browsing a few sites during the day, it's OK. I had a 2 hour company meeting today, though which was quite boring so I spent an hour of it browsing the internet. Battery went way down. Doing this on any other phone would just be annoying since the screens are so small and the browsers crappy. I don't seriously know what Apple can do about this until better battery technology comes out. Considering the screen size and quality, the iPhone is the most efficient device out there.

ron ll

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I can't help but think that some of this may be because, as with any new toy, we play with it a LOT more the first few days. And we are comparing that to the more modest daily usage patterns we established with the v1.
I definitely remember that after the first week or so with the v1, people were starting to report that the battery seemed to be lasting longer after it was "broken in". I think it was we that were broken in, not the battery.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
dude, its the same over here. I just took the charger i got with my 3g and left it a work. By the time im half way though my work day, my battery is half done...and thats not even if i use it a lot....I was playing games and other things with it...but point is get a charger....when I wake up its charging and before i leave work its charging...its worth it...battery life on 3g sucks when u have 3g, wifi and bluetooth on....i turn 3g off and use edge. keep wifi off until i get to work.

i think also cause we have been touching and feeling and googling at the iPhone 3g since its new....give it a few weeks...the charm will wear off....eventually...lol.

kevroc

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
I'm thinking about switching back to edge. So far though edge speeds have been horrible and 3g speeds haven't been great. Wifi seriously rocks though. The battery will continue to improve after it gets broken in from a few charge/discharge cycles. I'll probable end up ordering one of those extended battery things just in case.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
WIFI, BLUETOOTH drain the battery most. Keep them off if you can. 3G does drain te battery some, but not as much as BLUETOOTH does. I have a Sanyo M1 with Sprint (We do not have 'Power Vision' Sprints 3G, around us so im on EDGE or whatevr its called on Sprint) And my battery doesn't last nearly as long if i have BLUETOOTH on.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Sonicwind makes an excellent point. What other phone is on the market that has a 3.5 inch backlit screen, all the features that it has, and lasts as long as it does? None.