Man I wish i still had warranty!

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
well here is my problem i don't have warranty anymore on my 4gb iPhone, its battery has been very poor lately, i haven't taken it to the Apple store yet but i mean im just going to be told i need to pay 200 to get it fixed...right?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
well here is my problem i don't have warranty anymore on my 4gb iPhone, its battery has been very poor lately, i haven't taken it to the Apple store yet but i mean im just going to be told i need to pay 200 to get it fixed...right?
Pretty much.
Just kidding! :p

[Haha, macgirl pwnd me]

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Macgirl, if you're under warranty, they'll just flat out replace your phone?
If you complain of battery issues, then yes. I haven't had it done with my iPhone (yet) but I did do it with my 160 GB iPod Classic back in October. I went in a week before the warranty expired and told them the battery was shot (it basically was) and they replaced it on the spot.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
The non user replaceable battery on the iPhone is still the most foolish thing I've ever seen. Great for Apple's revenue but a PITA for customers. I guess their thinking is instead of paying 84.95 to replace the battery plus going through the hassle. You will just buy a new iPhone. When the new iPhone comes out if there is no user replaceable battery. I will not be buying another iPhone it's just ridiculous...Mark

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Pretty much.
Just kidding! :p

[Haha, macgirl pwnd me]
No pwnage whatsoever was intended in my response, my dear! :p

Macgirl, if you're under warranty, they'll just flat out replace your phone?
Youngbinks is right - if you're having issues with your battery while under warranty, they'll probably just give you a replacement iPhone. If you just want your battery replaced for the heck of it while it's still under warranty, I think they'll charge you the same amount they charge people out of warranty.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
No pwnage whatsoever was intended in my response, my dear! :p

Youngbinks is right - if you're having issues with your battery while under warranty, they'll probably just give you a replacement iPhone. If you just want your battery replaced for the heck of it while it's still under warranty, I think they'll charge you the same amount they charge people out of warranty.
The OP stated he or she is out of warranty so the poster will have to pay. I guess the poster could purchase a battery and change it their self (via instruction from YouTube video). My question is isn't this quite a task though? Mark

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
The OP stated he or she is out of warranty so the poster will have to pay. I guess the poster could purchase a battery and change it their self (via instruction from YouTube video). My question is isn't this quite a task though? Mark
It is indeed quite a task. It doesn't bother me so much - every other smartphone I've had before from Palm, Nokia, Blackberry, and Sony Ericsson all had user-replaceable batteries but I never once changed a battery. Granted, I never kept them very long before moving on to the next exciting thing. ;) I've had the iPhone (if you count the time I had the first-generation model as well) the longest of any smartphone I've ever used.