Man I'm pissed about the headphone jack issue

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
People like him refuse to admit that there's anything wrong with the phone. They're so caught up in the hype they refuse to accept the fact that the phone has some issues that need fixed.
I accept the phone has some issues, no problem.
Key word being "accept". Deal with it, man. There's no changing it now.
You can fix your issue, though. You can go return it. Or, you can sell it.
I'm not caught up in any "hype". There's no "hype" left. The phone is out. I've explored all of it's features, and they all "work fine", FOR ME.
I'm sorry that YOU are having problems, or YOU have complaints about it, but you seem hellbent on forcing your opinion on to others, like it's the word of Christ, or something.

I recognize YOU have issues with the phone, and there are several people that share your disliking of this particular part of the device, but not all of us have this "issue". Not all of us are affected by it so badly that we feel it is some horrible injustice perpetrated by Apple, in order to ruin our lives.
I don't care. It's a choice I made. I *chose* to spend 600$ on a cell phone, and I have no problem *choosing* to spend another 10$ on an adapter. The same power that allows me to make these decisions, also empowers me to decide to NOT buy an Apple computer. Needs vs. Want. I don't NEED an Apple computer, and the price is a factor that makes that decision very easy. lol
I WANTED an iPHone, and it was a great enough want that I found the means to buy it. I NEEDED an adapter to play this device in the places I wanted to. That, coupled with the small price tag of 10$, made it very easy to make the decision that I would buy it.

I only use the adapter for about an hour out of the day, 4 days out of the week. I use the Apple earplugs MAYBE 2-3 hours out of the day, and at random intervals, thus, they work just fine for me. Maybe not for YOU. That's why it's YOUR issue. NOT MINE.

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
I accept the phone has some issues, no problem.
Key word being "accept". Deal with it, man. There's no changing it now.
You can fix your issue, though. You can go return it. Or, you can sell it.
I'm not caught up in any "hype". There's no "hype" left. The phone is out. I've explored all of it's features, and they all "work fine", FOR ME.
I'm sorry that YOU are having problems, or YOU have complaints about it, but you seem hellbent on forcing your opinion on to others, like it's the word of Christ, or something.

I recognize YOU have issues with the phone, and there are several people that share your disliking of this particular part of the device, but not all of us have this "issue". Not all of us are affected by it so badly that we feel it is some horrible injustice perpetrated by Apple, in order to ruin our lives.
I don't care. It's a choice I made. I *chose* to spend 600$ on a cell phone, and I have no problem *choosing* to spend another 10$ on an adapter. The same power that allows me to make these decisions, also empowers me to decide to NOT buy an Apple computer. Needs vs. Want. I don't NEED an Apple computer, and the price is a factor that makes that decision very easy. lol
I WANTED an iPHone, and it was a great enough want that I found the means to buy it. I NEEDED an adapter to play this device in the places I wanted to. That, coupled with the small price tag of 10$, made it very easy to make the decision that I would buy it.

I only use the adapter for about an hour out of the day, 4 days out of the week. I use the Apple earplugs MAYBE 2-3 hours out of the day, and at random intervals, thus, they work just fine for me. Maybe not for YOU. That's why it's YOUR issue. NOT MINE.
I don't care what opinion you have, the speaker on the phone is shitty, plain and simple. If you don't agree with that then you're in serious denial.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I don't care what opinion you have, the speaker on the phone is shitty, plain and simple. If you don't agree with that then you're in serious denial.
I'm sorry, I once again forgot your "opinion" is actually "fact". lol

BTW, I'm assuming you meant to say the "headphone jack" is sh***y?
Not the speaker? Or, did we just change the subject of this thread?

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I'm in serious denial then also because I don't think the speaker is that bad either.

How is that everyone with a problem proclaims that those that don't agree are in denial or Apple worshippers? I don't need a speaker that rattles people's bones to hear it.

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
I'm in serious denial then also because I don't think the speaker is that bad either.

How is that everyone with a problem proclaims that those that don't agree are in denial or Apple worshippers? I don't need a speaker that rattles people's bones to hear it.
So a speaker phone that has to be held up to your ear to hear clearly isn't a problem? lol, get real. I'm sure it's just a big coincidence that it's the number one complaint on here and the number one complaint that I hear from friends who have the phone.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
So a speaker phone that has to be held up to your ear to hear clearly isn't a problem? lol, get real. I'm sure it's just a big coincidence that it's the number one complaint on here and the number one complaint that I hear from friends who have the phone.
I got news for you, man. This is probably the least likely of all the "issues" to be fixed. Just return it now, or deal with it.
I'm done with this thread. I'm happy with my purchase, i'm sorry that you're not. That's my best advice to you. Just return the phone, or sell it. If you need a really loud speakerphone, might i suggest any of the Motorolas that Nextel provides? Those are immensely loud.

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
I got news for you, man. This is probably the least likely of all the "issues" to be fixed. Just return it now, or deal with it.
I'm done with this thread. I'm happy with my purchase, i'm sorry that you're not. That's my best advice to you. Just return the phone, or sell it. If you need a really loud speakerphone, might i suggest any of the Motorolas that Nextel provides? Those are immensely loud.
I never said I wanted a loud one. I just want one that I can actually hear clearly out of without holding it 2 inches from my ear.

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
Well I can hear mine fine. If yours doesn't work return it or exchange it. You are saying they are all like that and mine's not.

Why don't you get real? Anyone who disagrees with you is wrong in your opinion. I never said I could hear YOURS fine, I said I can hear MINE fine.

SingleDouble

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
People like him refuse to admit that there's anything wrong with the phone. They're so caught up in the hype they refuse to accept the fact that the phone has some issues that need fixed.
The Mac cultists are the worst. You think I'm knitpicking when I expect that my previous investment in headphones should work on any damned mp3player? For god's sakes it's one of the most universal things about mp3 players is that damned headphone plug. Now they've changed it because of bluetooth wearers? Seems like a ridiculous trade-off.

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
Well I can hear mine fine. If yours doesn't work return it or exchange it. You are saying they are all like that and mine's not.

Why don't you get real? Anyone who disagrees with you is wrong in your opinion. I never said I could hear YOURS fine, I said I can hear MINE fine.
Mine was tested at an Apple store and I was told it was normal, so don't try and bullshit me.

Do some searching online, this is a major problem that ALL the phones have.

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
There's nothing to argue about. There's at least 5 threads on this forum that are 4-5 pages in length about the low volume, and this idiot is trying to claim that the volume isn't low. Give me a break. Just quit before you make yourself look any worse.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
There's nothing to argue about. There's at least 5 threads on this forum that are 4-5 pages in length about the low volume, and this idiot is trying to claim that the volume isn't low. Give me a break. Just quit before you make yourself look any worse.
Might I suggest that volume level is relative to how good each person's hearing is? And their opinion of what is considered "low volume"?

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
Might I suggest that volume level is relative to how good each person's hearing is? And their opinion of what is considered "low volume"?
I'm 25, so that isn't an issue. When there are literally a hundred people on this forum with volume issues, it's pretty obvious that the phones speaker volume is too low. Google it, there's tons of info on it.

SingleDouble

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I think what's most troubling is the tone of so many threads on this and other boards around the iPhone. It doesn't seem to be about helping people solve problems, but essentially "Shut up, it's awesome!. Don't like it? Take it back!."

There are many, many problems with the iPhone. If you're going to have the greatest launch of any consumer product, expect lots of blowback on things that don't work properly.

-My battery hasn't charged fully yet. I have brown marks on the back of the phone from the battery
-Headphone jack is different than every other mp3 player, including the five ipods I have from the past.
-iphone doesn't work with my car. Ipods did.
-Volume is bad on the phone. No, it's not the wrapper. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE have complained about it.

Thing is, a lot of this is taking on religious overtones. The fervour of the believers against the non-believers. It's tiresome, and it lets Apple off the hook in solving the problems. Stop attacking people who bring up legit problems.

I'm not taking mine back. I love it, but there's lots of problems that need attention, k?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I'm 25, so that isn't an issue. When there are literally a hundred people on this forum with volume issues, it's pretty obvious that the phones speaker volume is too low. Google it, there's tons of info on it.
I actually agree with you and I think it needs to be fixed. If you show something red to a thousand people, chances are at least one of them will call it pink, but it doesn't mean they're right. But maybe they have bad vision (or in this case, extremely good hearing). But yeah, collectively it is definitely a problem.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
It's not just an issue to us. It's actually an "issue" for a GREAT many people. It's an "issue" to anyone that has to be tortured when they listen to their music. For the rest of us with normal ears (or abnormal depending on your viewpoint) the Apple earbuds are awful. I can't keep them in my ears for longer than half an hour before they start to rub and chafe. The only way I can get them to stay in is to push them in - HARD. And that is quite painful. So you think that I should be in PAIN to use my iPhone?

If they are going to make us use ONE kind of earphone, then they should have made it work with many different kinds of ears.
Dude, just do what I did--remove the Apple earbuds from the cord and replace with earbuds you really like, thus keeping the mic and the little switch mechanism. Took me 10 mins!