Man Of The Dark Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Archives' started by iphonewarrior, Apr 28, 2008.

1. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

hey up, read previous posts of yours, just looking for a slight bit of advice, i've jailbroken before but then went back to stock! i'm looking for a SAFE way to jailbreak then go back when the new updated firmware comes out in a few months! help!

thanks

2. themanofthedark

themanofthedark New Member
    Gold

Wow!

i feel really important!

If you really want to jailbreak, you can download and use ZiPhone (www.ziPhone.org), and then open it and click "Jailbreak Only", and then that will give you a jailbreak within two minutes.

For complete safety, though, i would read through the ZiPhone thread for any questions you may have, or, since you already posted this thread, i suppose you can ask them in here as well, and i will answer them.

Just a pointer you may want to think about before doing anything - sync your contacts with Address Book through iTunes.

You do this by connecting your iPhone to iTunes,
    choosing it in the Devices pane on the left area,
    Choosing the "info" tab on the iPhone,
    Selecting Sync Contacts, and choose the program of your choice.

After it has synced, go for the Jailbreak, and if anything goes wrong, which is a very small chance, you will be set for a backup.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

i've just jailbroke, and for some reason my macbook is quite happily sat on the internet, whereas my iPhone is just sat next to me using gprs! not even EDGE! all the installer app is there, whats the best way to go forward now!

and one more thing, if i want my phone to go back to normal condition all i have to do is restore it through iTunes? am i right?

thanks v.much by the way! your spot on as always!

johnboy

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You feel important?! Howzabout me -- I'm quoted in your signature! :cool:

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

come on boys lets not get big head here! people need to be helped! lol!

i'm sorted now, i worked it all out! do any of you "genius's" do teaching lessons, so you can pass your wisdom onto us?

upmost respect!
    johnboy

6. guest0320

guest0320 Member
    Silver

Man of the Dark
    Good Day

I am still on 1.1.2 because I have so many apps that I am used to that may or may not work on .3 or .4.
    I know there are dozens of posts that say this app works/this app doesn't work, but are there any MAJOR apps (like Customize, Summerboard, iRadio and many others that will remain nameless) that do NOT work on .3 or .4?

Also, as recently stated in a response to Psylichon, I nearly lost my mind trying to Jailbreak my phone (it took at least 30 attempts) and if it it wasn't for Chris716 I would probably be stock and unhappy.

Has it gotten easier to JB, because I literally have not looked at a single .3 or .4 Jailbreaking post.
    After your explanation of the simplicity of JB I will start looking.

Good Day Sir

Dana

7. guest0320

guest0320 Member
    Silver

Also, Sir, I am sorry to say I missed your 2000th post/reveal.

I will search for it now.

Good Day

Dana

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

i aint no man of the dark but i can answer you with one easy jailbreaking solution!
    ZiPhone, it really is so easy for official carrier users! you just hit the jailbreak button after downloading the ZiPhone app from http://www.ziPhone.org/

whether you keep all your apps or not, you will get them back, ZiPhone automatically installs installer and puts the BSD subsystem into your phone, then its just as simple as what you did before!

let me know how you get on!

johnboy

9. themanofthedark

Gold

Dana,

Good Day Sir.

I have not posted a 2,000 post reveal, of this I apologize to the EiC community, because there are some aspects I need to work out.

but - I can assure you it will come before the end of the week.

And jailbreaking has become insanely easy, as iPhonewarrior stated, one may simply use ZiPhone after restoring to 1.1.3/4.

if you'd like - send an IM over AOL instant messenger to my SN - thenewmrbobefore4 and I shall explain things to you in real time.

Good day sir.

10. guest0320

guest0320 Member
    Silver

Sam
    Good Day

I shall consider it, Sir.

Good Day

Dana

P.S. You have a PM, Sir.

11. themanofthedark