Manual iCloud backup not working

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by Chaug09, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Chaug09

Chaug09 New Member

Every time I try to manually backup to iCloud it says there was a problem completing the backup please try again later. I have tried both power sources, wifi signal is excellent and still nothing. Any ideas?

2. Mugwhamp

Mugwhamp Member
    Bronze

I'm now having problems backing up to iCloud on my iPhone 4 iOS 5.1. My last successful backup was on Feb 28. I lock and charge nightly; I've tried manually backing up, but that's not working either. My iPad 2 iOS 5.1 is having no iCloud backup issues. Any advice? I've seen a couple of possible workarounds online, but I would prefer that backup just "works" again.

Sent from my iPad 2 iOS 5.1 using iCafe app

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Try turning off Documents & Data and see if it works. I also had to turn off backing up my photo roll, which was almost 2 gigs. If it works, then go back in and check / uncheck the items you really don't want or need in Documents & Data. I finally got mine going good after unchecking a ton of apps I didn't care about

4. Mugwhamp

Mugwhamp Member
    Bronze

That seems to have worked. Thanks. I had a successful 1 GB backup last night. It's regrettable, however, that I'm unsuccessful when attempting to back up everything on my phone.

Sent from my iPad 2 iOS 5.1 using iCafe app