Manually Manage your iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

draperm25

Sep 16, 2007
Swansea
Hi All,

Can you manually manage the stuff you put onto your iPhone? like you can with my prodyct (red) 2g ipod, you know where you drag a music file into iTunes and it just updates it straight away, or do you have to keep the music on your computer, cos if you delete it from your computer and then connect your iPhone and press sync, it will wipe all the music off your iPhone that was origanally on there? I don't fancy keep all the music on my computer as this takes up a lot of space on the drives.

Thanks

draperm25

Sep 16, 2007
Swansea
does that mean i have to keep my music stored onto my computer or is there another way of taking the music and photos and videos off my computer to save space and they will stay on the iPhone if i sync next time?

Thanks

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
does that mean i have to keep my music stored onto my computer or is there another way of taking the music and photos and videos off my computer to save space and they will stay on the iPhone if i sync next time?

Thanks
Why not move your iTunes library to an extrenal hard drive? Memory is very cheap right now.

draperm25

Sep 16, 2007
Swansea
yeah was thinking of getting one of these anyway they quite cheap, i know pcw are selling a 400gb for £79.99 duno if thats cheap?

so it looks like getting one of these first then cos the files have to stay on your pc then? cr*p/

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yeah was thinking of getting one of these anyway they quite cheap, i know pcw are selling a 400gb for £79.99 duno if thats cheap?

so it looks like getting one of these first then cos the files have to stay on your pc then? cr*p/
yeah, your best bet is to go external..
i deleted some of my music files before and then sync'd my iPhone, only to find they were removed :<

draperm25

Sep 16, 2007
Swansea
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO i would have been sooooo pi**ed off,

cr*p tho isn't it, perhaps they may ad this in on a update in the near future, was the first ipods like this then? why have they done this to the iPhone, init, theres got to be a reason behind, crazy people (Apple)