Manually Unistalling...App is not in directory!

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I decided to install We Spot, that new game where you have to find the differences between the two pics. When I installed it, it would crash when I tried to start a new game. So I decided to reinstall it. But, when I tried to uninstall it via Installer, I get "main execution script failed."

I moved on to WinSCP to try to delete it manually (which I am not even sure how to do) but it is not listed with the rest of the apps! It's not even there! And, yet, the icon is still on my screen and Installer thinks it is still installed!

What can I do to solve this problem? I am stuck.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
did you check /Applications?
I did. It's not there. I only found the pictures pack in Library. No sign of the actual app.Is there any way I can make Installer think I Uninstalled it so that I can reinstall it? The damned thing thinks it's in my phone, but I sure as hell don't know in what directory the app is floating around.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Go into MobileFinder.app and change the settings of WeSpot.app to 755 or 777 so you can delete it via WinSCP.

Why?

Because that app doesn't have permission that allow you to edit or delete that app so in WinSCP you can't see it or do anything to it. So changing the permissions within the iPhone would fix it. :D

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Go into MobileFinder.app and change the settings of WeSpot.app to 755 or 777 so you can delete it via WinSCP.

Why?

Because that app doesn't have permission that allow you to edit or delete that app so in WinSCP you can't see it or do anything to it. So changing the permissions within the iPhone would fix it. :D
Thanks. I managed to get it uninstalled. I proceeded to reinstall it via Installer. The damned thing keeps crashing to Springboard! I checked the folder via WinSCP, and I had set the permissions to 0755. It still crashes. What the hell am I doing wrong? I love this game I am desperate to play it!

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
how did you get passed that main execution script failed, because everytime i try installing it it never works and i really want this game. i managed to download the package so i can ssh it, but with no success..i don't know what im doing wrong.