Many dropped calls after 1.1.3 update

tx.cougar

Oct 17, 2007
I am seriously going crazy, sometimes I feel like throwing this phone in the trash. Don't get me wrong I think its a really good phone BUT after the new update I have rarely been able to finish a conversation without the phone dropping the call. It is not the location I am in because I am in all the same places I have been before, with good signal. I am curious if anyone else is having this problem and/or if anyone knows what I have to do to fix this, before i use my iPhone as an iPod and purchase another phone. If you guys only knew how frustrating this is, having one of the best phones ever made and not be able to talk more than a couple of minutes before it hangs up and says Call Failure.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Mine has been perfect since I bought it. I updated and am still fine.

This didn't happen at all before the update, or it just didn't happen as much?

tx.cougar

Oct 17, 2007
I'm in southwest AZ. I had not had a single problem with my phone since I bought it. I updated it to 1.1.3 and then shortly after that my phone started dropping the majority of my calls. Is there anyway to find out if this is because of the update. Everything else works fine but what is an iPhone without the PHONE!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Not that this helps you, but before 1.1.3 I had about 50% of my calls dropped (this is in Salt Lake City) and after the 1.1.3 update I still have about 50% of my calls dropped. Overall - in Salt Lake City - this is a $h!tty phone.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Since I upgraded to 1.1.3 I've had probably 10 dropped calls. Bought the phone August 10 and didn't have 10 dropped calls before last Tuesday.

Did a restore last night per the suggestion of OJsakila ...... 3 dropped calls this morning, and all 3 people (different) I talked to were on land lines.

Hmmmm

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Not that this helps you, but before 1.1.3 I had about 50% of my calls dropped (this is in Salt Lake City) and after the 1.1.3 update I still have about 50% of my calls dropped. Overall - in Salt Lake City - this is a $h!tty phone.

Don't blame the phone, blame where you live.............:mad:

tx.cougar

Oct 17, 2007
I can't blame the place I live cause before the update my phone worked fine. My phone has all five bars the majority of the time, then all of a sudden I hear silence and then I look at my phone and the bars diasapear and it says Call Failure. I then call back and they're wondering why I hung up. I didn't have time to restore it yesterday but I'll do it tonight. Hopefully it takes care of the problem, I'll keep u posted.

The problem is not the area I'm calling from.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I can't blame the place I live cause before the update my phone worked fine. My phone has all five bars the majority of the time, then all of a sudden I hear silence and then I look at my phone and the bars diasapear and it says Call Failure. I then call back and they're wondering why I hung up. I didn't have time to restore it yesterday but I'll do it tonight. Hopefully it takes care of the problem, I'll keep u posted.

The problem is not the area I'm calling from.

My statement aboe was not to you, it was someone calling the phone SH*TTY:mad:

I am sure the restore will help, in the mean time power off the phone and then turn back on.

Jan 11, 2008
Chicago
I have been having the same (Kind of) problem. Since 1.1.3 I have also noticed a lot more dropped calls. But it's a bit different......in the middle of a conversation it just goes dead silent, but if you look at the Phone it still shows connected and the time is still ticking off......

This is only happening to one person that I talk to (no, they are not hangin up.....BTW, It is also an iPhone on Release 1.1.3).....location is same as always...we both are not sure who is dropping, the Callee or the Caller.......Anyway, for what it's worth, that's been my observation.:cool:

Maybe SunSpots, Global Warming or the Market going South for the Winter.

dakardave

Jul 20, 2007
Same thing here.. after updating to 1.1.3 I'm getting dropped calls, and the in middle of the call freeze.

This never happened with the 1.1.2 update.

Software issue?

nikedunk

Jul 31, 2008
hey! im having the exact same problem as you. what did you do to fix it? i too only get silent calls to one person. please let me know how you fixed this problem, its driving me crazy. thanks in advance.
I have been having the same (Kind of) problem. Since 1.1.3 I have also noticed a lot more dropped calls. But it's a bit different......in the middle of a conversation it just goes dead silent, but if you look at the Phone it still shows connected and the time is still ticking off......

This is only happening to one person that I talk to (no, they are not hangin up.....BTW, It is also an iPhone on Release 1.1.3).....location is same as always...we both are not sure who is dropping, the Callee or the Caller.......Anyway, for what it's worth, that's been my observation.:cool:

Maybe SunSpots, Global Warming or the Market going South for the Winter.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
In nearly 3 weeks of use of my iPhone 3G, ZERO dropped calls. Especially in my bedroom where my other phones were notorious for dropped calls.