Many problems with 1.1.3

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Good Day

I recently upgraded to 1.1.3.
I have already had to restore 3 times in 36 hours.

Restore 1: I completely lost my Installer icon.
It was in mobile finder and Customize 1.something, but there was no way to activate it, and I couldn't think of a way to re install it.

Restore 2: After downloading a couple of apps from Installer, I locked my phone with the top lock button. It locked and the seemed to shut itself off (as it sometimes does) the phone rebooted and I ended up with the eternal silver Apple screen. Nothing I could do could change that.

Restore 3: A few minutes ago I went to use my phone, and although the call went through, there was no sound at all. No dial tone, no ringing no nothing. I used the headphones, nothing. I went into the iPod and tried to listen to anything, and NOTHING would play. If I pushed the play button, it stayed on play, and then I couldn't get it to pause.

I am pretty uncomofortable about all these issues in aday and a half. I had 1.1.2 for 6 months and I didn't have a single problem and didn't have to resotre ONCE.

Could I have gotten a clam in my software? Is the problem ZiPhone (it seems to work well) but something is definitely wrong.

Help would be appreciated.

Good Day
Dana

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Hi Dana,

Regarding the third issue, I found that by going to Settings/General/Reset/Reset All, that the sound functions came back. I'm on 1.1.4 and have been lucky so far.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
man that's really unfortunate. I had 1.1.3 since it was released up until last week wit zero problems. I loved that firmware. But we all install and use the phone for many many diff things and the apps continue to change as well as the jailbreaking firmware and installer so I kinda feel like sometimes its the luck of the draw. Either way hope all works out for you.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Hi Dana
Sorry to hear about your troubles - that is a terrible amount of hassle. I have just a couple of general comments / suggestions for you:
-- Agree with Eragon's point above, that your sound-related problems may well be fixed through just a reset of settings, rather than a full restore.
-- I think it is generally a good idea to get up to current firmware after one has been out and stable for as long as 1.1.4 has by now. The vast majority of apps are tested much more on and even sometimes exclusively developed for whatever firmware is current, since many iPhone devs just do not have the resources/time to work with more than one firmware.

Also, there are a lot more users (I think) on the current firmware, so you are generally more likely to get better / quicker help when dealing with issues if you're on the current one as well.
-- As for jailbreak methods, my impression is that the latest (3.x) version f ZiPhone seems less stable and problem-free than the 2.5 variants of it. I've most recently used the Pwnage Tool method and have found it to be solid and problem-free.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I agree with Patrick. You might have better luck with 1.1.4 firmware, using an older version of ZiPhone (2.5C seemed to be the most stable) or Pwnage to jailbreak. If you need help, just hit me up.

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Eragon
Good Day.
Thank you for your interest in my problems.

Apparently my phone does not massive downloads. I tend to download 10 or so apps at a time, and i had that exact sound problem again tonight and resetting did cure that problem.

The other problems, I don't know.
I am terrified of that silver Apple.

Enigmanic, yes, I know you told me to go with 1.1.4.
You were right.:laugh2:

Since I seem to have all of the apps that I want on my phone right now, I am going to see how long it takes for another restore.

Thank you all for your help.

I am still learning about Pwnage and ziPhone.
SO as soon as I am more familiar with them I will move on.

Good Day

Dana