Map doesn't rotate

Caliphone

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Bakersfield
Just upgraded from 3g, one of the big reasons was to get maps to face up in my direction of travel. The ads on Apple's site say the map will rotate, mine doesn't. Have they not yet activated this feature or am I missing something?
Thanks.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Activate the map from the compass application by pressing the crosshairs icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. Press the crosshairs icon until it orients itself in the direction of the phone. I think it is limited to 3Gs.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Do you have location services on? I would have to assume you do if you are seeing the direction of travel on the map. Is the compass active?

Caliphone

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Bakersfield
Got it!
Thanks, I spent A LOT of time getting everything set up like my old phone this weekend and was scared I was going to have to "set up as new phone" and start all over!
Thanks again for the quick answer.

budjev

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Noblesville, IN
That is a pretty sweet fuction for someone that can't comprehend which way you are going or if you do get lost. I like my map to stay facing north though, of course now that i know about this feature i'll probably start using it also and probably to start to like it.. CaliPhone i take you just turned you phone before you figured out this feature! ;)

budjev

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Noblesville, IN
FYI

I just figured out if you open the map and hold crosshair location button for a moment it will rotate the map to the direction you are facing!

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Wow now theres something I didn't know. Thanks!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
FYI

I just figured out if you open the map and hold crosshair location button for a moment it will rotate the map to the direction you are facing!
No it doesn't. You have to tap it again....

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
tap it two times....