Mapping an event location?

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Is there a way to get directions to an event in my Calendar on the iPhone? I mean, they have a specific place in there for 'location'... surely there's a way to get directions to the place you're going without having to memorize the address and switch to the maps?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Is there a way to get directions to an event in my Calendar on the iPhone? I mean, they have a specific place in there for 'location'... surely there's a way to get directions to the place you're going without having to memorize the address and switch to the maps?
I don't think Location is for actual addresses (more like "Conference Room 3," etc.). In both Outlook and on the iPhone it is a single-line field. And obviously clicking on it, even when an address is entered into it, does nothing on the iPhone as far as Google Maps is concerned.

I have always used the Note field to enter directions, etc., since long before I got an iPhone.

--
Mike

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Hmm. I get it I guess. I never used a digital calendar for anything other than date/time/event before. I've been assuming "location" meant... ya know... where it's happening!

Well, count that down as a feature request for the next update then... if I've scheduled an event at a place I've never been to before, getting a map there seems like the next logical step.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It would be great if there was a system-wide address recognizer so that anytime a valid address is encountered it can be sent to Google Maps (kind of like how phone numbers are recognized in Safari).

--
Mike