Maps Application

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by jalalawi, Sep 17, 2016.

1. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

Wondering if only my Maps application under iOS 10 is not working or if it's because of my location as all the directions are not available. What we heard is that it has been enhanced but it looks to worsened!!!i believe it is better for Apple if the remove and replace it with other third party application.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You can do that yourself; Maps is removable.

3. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I know but I mean Apple should provide another application better than this useless one....

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not useless, it's just not as accurate or detailed as Google Maps. Google has had a lot more time to get it right. Apple does allow you to use Google Maps as an alternate navigation app.

5. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

I am talking about that all the directions tried are not available!!!

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You don’t have to use it if it’s not complete or not fit for duty in your neck of the woods. Simply delete (actually, it only hides it) the Apple Maps app and try Google’s. Like Europa said, they’ve been around longer and have had more time to perfect it.

I’m perfectly satisfied with Apple’s Maps app for my needs here in Miami, FL.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, you'll be much better off deleting it and using the Google Maps app.

8. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I've been using Apple Maps without any problems in my local area (Chicagoland) and while on driving trips to Albuquerque, Nashville and central Texas. I do however supplement the Maps info with info about upcoming rest stop locations (RestArea) and services available at upcoming exits (Road Ahead). As far as directions via Apple Maps I've had no problems using it.

#8 iPutz, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016