Maps Application

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Wondering if only my Maps application under iOS 10 is not working or if it's because of my location as all the directions are not available. What we heard is that it has been enhanced but it looks to worsened!!!i believe it is better for Apple if the remove and replace it with other third party application.

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I know but I mean Apple should provide another application better than this useless one....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I know but I mean Apple should provide another application better than this useless one....
It's not useless, it's just not as accurate or detailed as Google Maps. Google has had a lot more time to get it right. Apple does allow you to use Google Maps as an alternate navigation app.

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I am talking about that all the directions tried are not available!!!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
You don’t have to use it if it’s not complete or not fit for duty in your neck of the woods. Simply delete (actually, it only hides it) the Apple Maps app and try Google’s. Like Europa said, they’ve been around longer and have had more time to perfect it.

I’m perfectly satisfied with Apple’s Maps app for my needs here in Miami, FL.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, you'll be much better off deleting it and using the Google Maps app.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I've been using Apple Maps without any problems in my local area (Chicagoland) and while on driving trips to Albuquerque, Nashville and central Texas. I do however supplement the Maps info with info about upcoming rest stop locations (RestArea) and services available at upcoming exits (Road Ahead). As far as directions via Apple Maps I've had no problems using it.

Last edited: