Maps stopped working in iOS GM beta

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by iPutz, Sep 13, 2017.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

So I downloaded and installed the iOS11 GM onto my iPhone 7 and find that Apple Maps is no longer working. When I tap on the Maps icon the screen goes white for something less than a second and then it reverts back to the screen where the Maps icon is located. I tried a hard reset but that didn't help. Just curious if anyone else has seen this problem. So far that is the only issue I've found with iOS11 and I did submit feedback about this to Apple.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Have you tried swiping the app out of multitasking?
    Delete the app, then reinstall it.
    You might also try Reset All Settings. That cures a lot of issues.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Tried the first two suggestions but not the Reset All Settings, to no avail. A little later I absentmindedly tapped on an address in a contact's information and the Maps App came up, displayed the proper location for the address requested and has been working properly ever since. I'm in the Twilight Zone I think. Thanks anyway though.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It had to be jump started. LOL

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have an iPhone 7 running the latest beta version of iOS11. I’ve come up with an issue concerning that beta. On the EIC website on the page that we would go to in order to select the particular forum we are interested in, the blue graphic of two blue speech bubbles to the left of the forum title listing have all been replaced with a small hollow blue square. I’m also having a similar problem with the RuneAudio installation I have on a Raspberry Pi. The control button logos (play, FF, stop etc.) have all been replaced by a hollow square on the UI when viewed on my phone running iOS11. The buttons all function as usual if I can remember which button location does what. Accessing the same UI with my wife’s iPhone6 (iOS10.3.x) or my iPad3 is no problem. I did report the problem to Apple via the beta feedback app and I’m hoping that once the iOS11 GM is officially released that the problem will have been dealt with.