Maps widget crashes often

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

2russky

Jun 26, 2007
I noticed that Maps widget often gives me black screen and kicks me out to the main iPhone menu. Other widgets also give me "black screen" ( Sopranos ending :) ) once in the while.
Does this happen often to your iPhone?

pmurph5

Jul 5, 2007
Yes, happens to me

I noticed that Maps widget often gives me black screen and kicks me out to the main iPhone menu. Other widgets also give me "black screen" ( Sopranos ending :) ) once in the while.
This happens a lot to me in the maps app. Seems linked to zooming. If I zoom in too far, bingo! -- black screen of death. Once it even locked up my iPhone so badly that holding down the top or bottom buttons for many seconds did not work. (I had to hold down both the top and bottom buttons together, for many seconds, to get a reboot.)

I have also had BSofD with Safari, but mostly with the maps app.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
never experienced this, you probably have a defective iPhone.:(

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
yeah that has never happened to me either. The only thing similar was that when I was using Safari it froze on me and I had to reset. It sounds like you have a defective iPhone.

it happens and its known issue from Apple. they said it will be fixed when they do the first software update through iTunes.

they said the majority of times this happens is while zooming in satellite mode. i tried it on my phone and sure enough it blacked out as soon as it zoomed really close.

bw2151

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
bsod

Yup, killed mine too zooming in the maps and switching between map/sat...learned the new control/alt/del keys for the iPhone :)

randy98mtu

Jul 6, 2007
My phone kicks out of the maps app just about every time I try to use it. It has gotten worse today. My brother-in-law was trying to play with it and it kept kicking him out. Made me feel like quite a fool for buying this thing and it doesn't even work right. I have no doubt it's software and they'll fix it though.

VPA021

Jun 14, 2007
Yup i have the same problem. majority of people have this problem. They said it should be fixed with next updated :)