Mark emails as Read

lonur1

Mar 27, 2008
I did a search for this topic with no luck.

How do you select numerous emails at once and mark as read. Also, can you lock your email accounts so that when people look at your phone they can't access emails? I realize that you can lock the entire phone.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
unfortunately, you can't mark emails as read without actually opening them (much less select more than one email at a time for anything - that won't come until the 2.0 firmware is released in june). and there's no way to lock your email accounts specifically - as you've found, your only option is to use the passcode option to lock the entire phone down completely...

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
unfortunately, you can't mark emails as read without actually opening them (much less select more than one email at a time for anything - that won't come until the 2.0 firmware is released in june). and there's no way to lock your email accounts specifically - as you've found, your only option is to use the passcode option to lock the entire phone down completely...
What amazes me is that we're all the up to firmware 1.1.4 and yet we still have no way to delete all of the emails in the inbox at once or any way to delete multiple selected emails at once.

That is a feature that should have been included in v1.0. We have to wait for v2.0 for that?

Wow.

lonur1

Mar 27, 2008
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a list of fixes that I can read for Firmware 2.0?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a list of fixes that I can read for Firmware 2.0?
It is nice though if you have actually viewed an email whether on the iPhone or your desktop the iPhone will reflect that.

What amazes me is that we're all the up to firmware 1.1.4 and yet we still have no way to delete all of the emails in the inbox at once or any way to delete multiple selected emails at once.

That is a feature that should have been included in v1.0. We have to wait for v2.0 for that?

Wow.

It is in it's early stages an in crude form but still it makes up for it in the fact it is the first device where you email appears just like it does on your mac in safari. (with a little narower columns) It looks so desktop like. I have had WM6 phones, blackberries etc. and while the function set is more robust the email always felt like a mobile version probably because of the built in clients & small screen size. It does lack many of settings & extras much like the iPhone's simple is better philosophy which seems to be working pretty well. I think they mainly need to work on reliability because everyone knows that the email app does not function properly or always push or pull the email when it is supposed to.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
It is in it's early stages an in crude form but still it makes up for it in the fact it is the first device where you email appears just like it does on your mac in safari. (with a little narower columns) It looks so desktop like. I have had WM6 phones, blackberries etc. and while the function set is more robust the email always felt like a mobile version probably because of the built in clients & small screen size. It does lack many of settings & extras much like the iPhone's simple is better philosophy which seems to be working pretty well. I think they mainly need to work on reliability because everyone knows that the email app does not function properly or always push or pull the email when it is supposed to.[/quote]

I get that. I owned a Treo 650 prior to the iPhone and the email was horrible. Useless, really.

But, still, having an option to selectively delete several messages or all messages at once really seems like a no brainer to me.

Someone was out to lunch that day.