Marware Sidewinder for iPhone

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I'll answer my own question.... I did pick up the case. I already had the BESTSKINSEVER product so the phone can't get scratched. Now having this case and the ability to have my headphones with me all the time with out them getting tangled is great. Its also got a spot for the new bluetooh by Apple. I can slide the holder in if I don't want to use the headphones. I also find the holder keeps the iPhone very secure.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
Kool I should be gettin mine today hope its all that

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I also find the holder keeps the iPhone very secure.
The issue I've had with that style of holder with other phones is that anything that may brush up against the side of the phone would often dislodge it from the holder.

Is pulling up on the phone the only way to remove it? Or if you press it from the side, does it come out of the holder?

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
The issue I've had with that style of holder with other phones is that anything that may brush up against the side of the phone would often dislodge it from the holder.

Is pulling up on the phone the only way to remove it? Or if you press it from the side, does it come out of the holder?
i have had holsters for all my cell's and man i'm telling you this holster is made of some high class quality it's great, and to answer your question it clips in beautifully snug as a bug in a rug and the only way it'll come out is by pushing the top release lever. so far the winding cord thing isn't working out for me but maybe in time....but even if i never use it the holster is an ace in my book.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
I'll answer my own question.... I did pick up the case. I already had the BESTSKINSEVER product so the phone can't get scratched. Now having this case and the ability to have my headphones with me all the time with out them getting tangled is great. Its also got a spot for the new bluetooh by Apple. I can slide the holder in if I don't want to use the headphones. I also find the holder keeps the iPhone very secure.
yo which site did you order it from? because man i want the flat top, whad you get?

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
yo which site did you order it from? because man i want the flat top, whad you get?
I suspect since the tabbed version is on the Marware site, that is the current offering. I bet the flat ones were early models or prototypes.

Apparently it was too snug to be removed, and they put the tab on the holder to make it easier to extract.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Does the belt clip spin freely, or is it ratcheted (moves only so far with a click)?

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007

I can't fully answer your question because I have the BESTSKINSEVER on the phone which makes it even more snug. I think it would hold the phone with out a skin over it as well.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
ok i just got mine that i ordered from here http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/iph...8935e96bc44e7b22.e3eSbNyQc3mLe34Pa38Ta38Na350
but why the hell are the pics different here http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=4A54E393&nplm=TN772LL/A
if it's the same product? if anyone ordered it through Apple did it come like the pic? with the flat top or does it have a stick out like on marware site?
I got mine from the local Apple Store. Mine is the one like the pic on the marware site. I like the Tab to come out a little so you can grab it. I wonder why they have a different product on the Apple Store online then they do in the store.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
so far the winding cord thing isn't working out for me but maybe in time....
I played around with different ways to wrap the headphones around the cord holder. I think I have found the best way that works for me. I also push the cord holder back in towards the case to hold the headphones even more in place.

...the funny thing is I hardly ever use the headphones because I have a bluetooth headset that I use most of the time. I do like having the headphones with me if I decide to use them.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I played around with different ways to wrap the headphones around the cord holder. I think I have found the best way that works for me. I also push the cord holder back in towards the case to hold the headphones even more in place.

...the funny thing is I hardly ever use the headphones because I have a bluetooth headset that I use most of the time. I do like having the headphones with me if I decide to use them.

You use a Bluetooth headset with your iPhone? Like for music? It's all mono right? I was of the understanding that iPhones did not have A2DP.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You use a Bluetooth headset with your iPhone? Like for music? It's all mono right? I was of the understanding that iPhones did not have A2DP.
No I use the bluetooth headset for the phone features. I carry the headphones around with me for the ipod features.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For those who got the Marware Sidewinder, it would be great if you'd share your review.;)

-Chris

Last edited:

FeistyGirl

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Glen Burnie, MD
For those who got the Marware Sidewinder, it would be great if you'd share your review.;)

-Chris
Getting one in a few hours... if no one has posted one in the next day or so then I will :p

Last edited by a moderator:

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I'd like to know if the belt clip ends up scratching a naked iPhone and how easy it is to pop the phone out. I'm about to go to the Apple store and buy one... So I'll probably end up answering my own question.