Mass sending of SMS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kildjean

Jul 25, 2007
HORSE POOP! i promote for nightclubs so i send mass texts out to get names for the guest lists and whatever... i shall throw my iPhone at someone fat so it doesn't break when it hits them.
i have a friend in maryland that does the same thing you do... he has an iPhone... he uses an application that converts and email and sends it to his contacts over sms...

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
HORSE POOP! i promote for nightclubs so i send mass texts out to get names for the guest lists and whatever... i shall throw my iPhone at someone fat so it doesn't break when it hits them.
In the meantime, try the site eztexting.com. Not as nice as being able to do it on your phone, but atleast you can still promote your nightclubs while we wait for an update from Apple.

Nov 17, 2009

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I think I'm misunderstanding the situation here. How do you send SMS to multiple contacts?!

Write a new SMS. At the top, where the recipient's name goes, start typing the name of the person you want to send it to and select their name from the list. Then, do the same thing again. Type the name of the NEXT person you want to send it to, and select THEIR name from the list. See where I'm going with this? Once you've selected your recipients, press send. Congratulations, you've sent an SMS to multiple recipients!

Nov 17, 2009
@Dustu2

What if you were a nightclub promoter and had to send an SMS to 3000 people while on the bus on the way home, because you forgot about the party tomorrow?

Adding people one by one will take more than 10 hours.

I'm talking about send SMS to a Group - without having to add each contact each time. Basically SPAM for SMS.

Feb 21, 2010
I have a different issue, I'm getting back into promotions. I'm thinking about buying the 32Gig iPhone, I currently have about 12000 telephone numbers and 650 thousand emails. What can I do to send them.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
This requires a bit of work up front
1. For each cell phone number in your address book, go to http://www.whitepages.com/carrier_lookup to find out which carrier they use.
2. Then go to http://freesms.1888usa.com/ to find out the email address for that carrier.
3. Add new email address to contact.
4. Use this App http://www.guidedways.com/mobile/groups/ to send a mass email to those email addresses you obtained in Step 1&2.
I just thought of an idea that extends this one.
Use this list of email addresses (texting addresses is more accurate) and set up a php script that emails all of them and then also adds your texting address as the reply to address so if someone replies, it gets texted to your phone.
I hope that made some sense lol

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Is there a way that i just haven't figured out which allows me to send the same SMS message to multiple contacts at once without having to go in and retype the same message to like 50 different people?
Of course you can. Just hit the + sign on the new SMS and keep adding contacts/numbers.

Sent from my iPhone 4 on AT&T

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
This thread is ancient, irrelevant now that group SMS is standard, and simply an invitation for spammers, so it would seem. All the single-digit posters in here who are posting links in their posts and sigs... consider this your only warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.