Mass texting mod

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Once you add one person, it does not have the button to add any one else.

Like in an Email.

The button disappears once you add one person.
I think he knows this and wants to know if there's a mod to fix it. And there's not one that I know of. Besides mass texting, some other mods I would like are

1. Copy/paste
2. Option to open links in new browser window
3. Option to text in landscape mode
4. Option to turn Wifi on and off from the homescreen
5. Option to turn off "Slide to Unlock" (I explain why I don't like it here.)
6. Option to delete individual texts
7. Open text messaging storage to the hard drive so we won't have to empty the inbox ever OR
8. Option to have the oldest texts auto deleted when texting storage is used

Last edited by a moderator:

antithetic

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
6. Option to delete individual texts
7. Open text messaging storage to the hard drive so we won't have to empty the inbox ever OR
8. Option to have the oldest texts auto deleted when texting storage is used
If you're brave enough, you can edit the sms.db in [SIZE=-1]/var/root/Library/SMS/. It's a SQLite database so you can run SQL queries off it.

[/SIZE]

Rhinohd

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
A lot of people I text have Nextel. So what I do is use their cell number email address (Like below) and it gets sent to them as a text message. It doesn't even get charged against my account as a text message. Other carriers have the same setup...

MAKE SURE your email is sent as TEXT not HTML. And if you use email to send the TXT you can send to as many people as you want.

XXX-XXX-XXXX is their actual cell phone #
Example
XXX-XXX-XXXX@messaging.nextel.com

I just tried this one and it sent my iPhone a text message...
xxxxxxxxxx@mobile.mycingular.com
I think this should work too
xxx-xxx-xxxx@mms.att.net

Here is a list of others too
http://www.livejournal.com/tools/textmessage.bml?mode=details

ataq

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
A lot of people I text have Nextel. So what I do is use their cell number email address (Like below) and it gets sent to them as a text message. It doesn't even get charged against my account as a text message. Other carriers have the same setup...

MAKE SURE your email is sent as TEXT not HTML. And if you use email to send the TXT you can send to as many people as you want.

Example

xxx-xxx-xxxx@mms.att.net

ok, thanks for the lesson the most ppl know. the OP asked if there's a way to mass text, not just send a text. and yeah it sux that only one recipient can get a text at a time

lcgw01

Sep 7, 2007

Example

xxx-xxx-xxxx@mms.att.net

thanks for this post, great info .. i needed this bad, im always at home and i was lookin for a way to send messages without paying

Rhinohd

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
ok, thanks for the lesson the most ppl know. the OP asked if there's a way to mass text, not just send a text. and yeah it sux that only one recipient can get a text at a time
You suck and I was trying to help you petty little fool... And using what I said you can text more then one person at a time...

And lcgw01 I am glad it helped you out...