Mass uploading video

Jan 14, 2008
I have a project where I have to mass upload content (4 minute video) onto the new iPod 4G Nano. Will be doing them in lots of 100-150 of each content at a time. Is there any way around each iPod being married to the computer I am using to upload the content or do I just have to deal with it?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have a project where I have to mass upload content (4 minute video) onto the new iPod 4G Nano. Will be doing them in lots of 100-150 of each content at a time. Is there any way around each iPod being married to the computer I am using to upload the content or do I just have to deal with it?

Pray tell what are you doing? Is this a contest or something or school project.

Fill in more so I can upload an answer to you.:cool:

Jan 14, 2008
Pray tell what are you doing? Is this a contest or something or school project.

Fill in more so I can upload an answer to you.:cool:

We are a contract packaging company and we have a customer that is doing this as a sales promotion. They are trying to get in front of decision makers to convince them to use them for their financial services. Pretty high end clientele. We are currently repackaging the iPods into custom packaging along wih some other stuff. They came to me and asked if I could preload the iPods with a 4 minute video about what they are offering. They stated that Apple would do it at the plant in China but they had a minimum of 250/content. Since they will not be ordering that many they asked if we could load them on site.

I have a iPhone and an iMac and I know how proprietary Apple is and I am just not that technical. I do know that once one of the devices is plugged into a computer that it is married to it and if you try to program another iPod you have to go through a whole procedure to authorize the new device, and on and on.

Anyway the basic plan is to use one computer with iTunes and then just sync it to each iPod. Since I am not the purchaser from Apple, they will not come out and set me up to do this (which they offered to do if we were the purchaser) so I am just putting some feelers out to see what is involved.

I would appreciate any input.