Masters Week

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Highest of high holy weeks for me. Nothing better in sports world than this week.

I'll be there tomorrow for Par 3 day and hopefully back one week end day.

Masters web site has really beefed up a ton this year. CHeck it out for all features including putting games on Amen Corner and then online video stream of Par 3 day, and then every day almost all day at Amen Corner AND 15 and 16.

http://www.masters.org/en_US/index.html

Plus they have this year a mobile site for us

http://mobile.masters.org/

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I absolutely love watching the Masters. I just don't understand how people can say golf is boring to watch. I suppose it helps get into it if you play. Who you taking to win, Deac?

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Had a new young guy last year and what a grand tourney it was. I know Zach's caddy pretty well and needless to say they were thrilled. I'm thinking how bout an old guy this year. Ole COuples is playing mighty good coming in -- shot 67-66 on the week end just ended.

Can't wait for my annual load up of egg salad samwhiches and beer. :) :) :) It is so great down there, a sandwhich and beer in a tournament cup and you get change from your $5 bill. Then go to the heritage next week and $10 will barely cover it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Being from Georgia myself, it's a huge week for me too. Can't wait to watch in HD for the first time. Live coverage should start on ESPN Thursday.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
With the run Tiger is on, I'd be silly not to pick him. But if he doesn't take it, I have a feeling Vijay is due. He's been pretty consistent at Augusta and has been playing pretty well of late.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm a huge fan of The Masters as well. Also thinking more and more this is the best time of the sports year. Awesome NCAA Final last night, baseball games every day, and now The Masters.

I'll take Tiger as well.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I've been learning and using WEb Gallery feature of iPhoto more and more. Here's a Wednesday at the Masters group from '06 which I took sort of showing everything from arriving to the main Shop, Museum, area, to the course, players skipping the ball across 16, the par 3, plenty eating/drinking, patrons, players, and heading home after a grand grand day.

http://gallery.mac.com/billypot#100053

Will be heading out at 6 bells tomorrow, earlier if I could get the wimmens going :). Right through the gate on the left will be the breakfast of Champions -- 2 egg salads and a colebeer :).

Would love to shoot ya'll some photos from the grounds via our phone and upload them directly to Masters 08 web gallery but even with it set on Airplane mode, they ain't gonna let me bring it in to use as camera only :). May try and if I do they'll be on Masters 08 Gallery here --- http://gallery.mac.com/billypot#100067 Phil's pic is there from 06 as had to have one pic to set up the Gallery

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I've been learning and using WEb Gallery feature of iPhoto more and more. Here's a Wednesday at the Masters group from '06 which I took sort of showing everything from arriving to the main Shop, Museum, area, to the course, players skipping the ball across 16, the par 3, plenty eating/drinking, patrons, players, and heading home after a grand grand day.

Will be heading out at 6 bells tomorrow, earlier if I could get the wimmens going :). Right through the gate on the left will be the breakfast of Champions -- 2 egg salads and a colebeer :).

Would love to shoot ya'll some photos from the grounds via our phone and upload them directly to Masters 08 web gallery but even with it set on Airplane mode, they ain't gonna let me bring it in to use as camera only :). May try and if I do they'll be on Masters 08 Gallery here --- http://gallery.mac.com/billypot#100067 Phil's pic is there from 06 as had to have one pic to set up the Gallery
Nice pic, but let's save everyone a click or two:

NM. I see now why you didn't just post it here. Pic is too large.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Deac-thanks for the pics! OJ said he would post some practice round pics, but I have not seen him here in a while.

What do you guys think of Olgivy? He has been playing really well.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
What a wonderful day in heaven as usual. Took over a hundred pics, will try to share some later.

A few notes

1. Arnie, Jack and Gary paired in the par 3 as I'm sure ya'll saw on TV. Was so cool seeing the legends stroll by our spot down low on left bank of 8.

2. New seating area up on the hillside left of 16 is fantastic -- great views of 6 and 15 also as well as 17 tee. Can't see the 16 tee unless you're low on the hill but its a grand addition

2A. Everyone attempted skips on 16 today-- we were there a long time and great fun, a couple of them caught it too solid and missed the Water
witht a line drive going over the green. :)

3. All food is now Official Masters food as far as packaging -- including some half sized Moon Pies! in Masters wraps! Got to love it. Prices remain dirt cheap and a treat. Might ha e to say the egg salads were of course wonderful but perhaps a litlte low on egg salad -- had to get two, throw away 2 slices of bread and create a double to get the total pleasure with a colebeer.

4. Main patron lot on Washington has all but disappeared. Now have added trees and large expanse of grassed areas and very little parking. Understand from someone that its gonna be the Practice Range. Heard on radio of a new large lot further down Washington.

5. Course looked in mint condition -- so what else is new...

6. Phil nor Woods played any on the big course as far as I know --- Phil did play the par 3 with his smallest kid as did many of the others -- great fun.

Whata grand day-- as close to heaven as this ole reprobate will ever get. Bought a bunch more Maters stuff. God I love that place. Playing it is only thing left on my resonable list of got to before die.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Here's my photo web gallery from yesterday. Had them labeled but then it did not work from the MBP and had to redo with the old iMac. strange and don't understand. Anyhow, basically begins and ends at the car park space and follows all we did all day from the big course over to the par 3 course which is great fun.

http://gallery.mac.com/billypot#100067

loving the tournament today, the course is throwing up a good defense and are seeing some great golf. Haven't been able to work at all hardly! :)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Here's my photo web gallery from yesterday. Had them labeled but then it did not work from the MBP and had to redo with the old iMac. strange and don't understand. Anyhow, basically begins and ends at the car park space and follows all we did all day from the big course over to the par 3 course which is great fun.

http://gallery.mac.com/billypot#100067

loving the tournament today, the course is throwing up a good defense and are seeing some great golf. Haven't been able to work at all hardly! :)
Those are some great pics ...

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Deac,

Those are great pics. Thanks for posting them up for us.

We are taking our girls to see the Ginn Open LPGA tourney in Orlando next weekend. Not the Masters, but it should be fun. I am jealous. I have to get in to see the Masters one day!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Awesome pics Deac! I'm glad to see the weather this weekend is nicer than it was last weekend. I love doing nothing all day but watching quality golf on TV, it's the best.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I am so happy. I played 18 this am. Now I am watching the Masters and playing on my MacBook. Life is good.:)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
That was a good tournament. I kind of wanted Snedeker to win since he is an SEC guy, but I like Immelman, too!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yet another measure of Tiger's greatness - I kept finding myself thinking he's having a poor tournament - but he finished second and fairly close :)