Matias Armor for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
So i'm looking for something other than my DLO Leather Hipcase which i'm not knocking is amazing and I will still use, but i'm a man of change and I always want the latest gear to dress my little guy up in. I randomly came across this website I believe they were advertising on the side of a review website and they seem to be pretty reputable. The case to me looks as if its made of like a sturdy aluminum casing and they say the inside is lined with a soft material to protect your iPhone. It doesn't look too bulky from the pictures and it has an optional 360 beltclip.
Personally I would love to get this especially since it's on sale for $19.95 with only $5 in shipping and they have a 30 day money back guarantee. I would just want to hear some of your input on it and if anyone you know has it let me know. Plus the fact that I haven't really seen this case or style of case anywhere before is kind of nice.

http://matias.ca/armor/iPhone/index.php?refID=16#

this case looks really nice and looks like it would protect the iPhone nicely. however i would be kinda worried about what that case would do to the chrome bezel on the inside and the rest of the iPhone... it looks like it can scratch the parts that its supposed to protect... but idk... anyone have this case already?

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
I was actually thinking the same exact thing and that would worry me, are there any casings that have the whole inside material like foam padding even on the chrome bezel? I might have to custom my own case if not. thanks for responding rhyme your giving me something to talk about tonight.

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
Well in that case I'll try out a few things on some cases and see what I can come up with I'll even post reviews with pics and stuff and set stuff up. I love being spontaneous like that thanks for inspiring me haha. You'll see within a month or so I'll have a whole line of em haha

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
This'll do it

I was actually thinking the same exact thing and that would worry me, are there any casings that have the whole inside material like foam padding even on the chrome bezel? I might have to custom my own case if not. thanks for responding rhyme your giving me something to talk about tonight.

You asked for it, here it is...!

http://www.otterbox.com/products/ipod_cases/iphone-case-armor/

I'm sure you can think of a lot of bad stuff to say about this case, but you CANNOT say that it won't protect your phone!

I have one on order to ship mid December. I'll post a review when I get it.

Good Luck

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
The reason the bottom half of the back of the iPhone is plastic is so the antennas (edge and wifi) that are underneath can pick up signal. Putting your phone in a metal case will kill your signal strength.

slyydrr

Nov 25, 2007
Aside from enclosing it in metal (hindering signal strength some), I don't care for the hinge on the bottom of the phone.. it seems like it would get in the way, but that's just me :p

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
Aside from enclosing it in metal (hindering signal strength some), I don't care for the hinge on the bottom of the phone.. it seems like it would get in the way, but that's just me :p

Actually, the case is POLYCARBONATE. I have no doubt that this will be a cumbersome case compared to "regular" cases. Regular to mean ALL other cases. I have no question that this case will probably NOT be a case that most people will want to us all the time. I do think it is the most complete protection available (so far) for people who want to use the iPhone in a rough environment.

Now as far as the hinge....the thing I like about the hinge is that it appears that it will be very simple to take the phone in and out of the case, that way I'll be able to drop the phone into it on a "rainy day" but not lug it around all the time.:cool:

"The Armor series is a rugged line of interactive cases designed to safeguard your device from rain, dust, dirt, drops and other mishaps. It sports a polycarbonate shell and impact-absorbing rubber inside the case to cradle the device. Click wheels and screens remain interactive and protected by a thin, scratch-resistant, hi-impact polycarbonate membrane. The Armor series is also available for the iPhone, nano, classic and touch."

prostele

Sep 11, 2007
I purchased this case about a month ago and I think that it is great. I have not noticed any reduction in signal strength due to the metal case.

With regards to whether or not it will scratch the phone I cannot speak to that since I have the invisible shield on my phone.

I think that this case is perfect for those who want to carry their iPhone around in their pocket.