Max # of Contacts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sweth

Nov 21, 2007
Does anyone know if there is a max # of contacts w/ the iPhone, and/or how useable it is with very large (5000+) numbers of contacts?

TIA,

Sweth.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Does anyone know if there is a max # of contacts w/ the iPhone, and/or how useable it is with very large (5000+) numbers of contacts?

TIA,

Sweth.
I'd imagine it'd be VERY difficult to scroll through that many but it'd probably still work AFAIK. If you jailbreak, as in mod, your phone there is an application called "search" that makes bringing up a contact simple(r).

sweth

Nov 21, 2007
I'd imagine it'd be VERY difficult to scroll through that many but it'd probably still work AFAIK. If you jailbreak, as in mod, your phone there is an application called "search" that makes bringing up a contact simple(r).
Hrm... so there's no built-in search? I need this for work, so the risk of being left phoneless if I mod it and then an update bricks it isn't acceptable for me, but without search, I don't know how usable it will be, even without the scrolling issues (which I've also run into on my iPod--it takes forever to find the right person in the contacts list on that device, even when I know their name, and without a search, I'll never be able to find the people who (for example) I only remember by their company and title).

I guess I'm going to have to hold off on getting an iPhone for a while, then. Time to go research the Treos...

sweth

Nov 21, 2007
when I get a chance I'll create a big list and sync it up and see what happens.

My money's on 65,536
Well, it looks like there's no search, so I'll probably have to get a different smart phone for now, but I'd still be interested to see what happens if you do get a chance to try a large contact list.