Maximo Headphones

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
For those looking for another alternative to the Skullcandy iPhone FMJ's or the V-Moda Vibe Duo's, you might want to check these out:
Maximo iP-HS2 iMetal Isolation Headset for iPhone. I found these on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Maximo-iP-HS2-...3636830&sr=8-1

I read several reviews before deciding on these, and this one was the most thorough, but all basically said the same thing.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...et-for-iphone/
These are best for a well-rounded sound, without a lot of heavy bass, and well... read the review for all the little extras.

Here's the kicker. The initial price says 61.19, but they some are actually down to 53.13. IF you want to sign up for a Amazon Visa, they take an additional 30 bucks off, so I paid 23.13 before the shipping. Not too shabby.
http://www.maximoproducts.com/iPhone/iP-HS2.html

I'll post a review as soon as I get them in. 3-5 businesss days, so probably wednesday or thursday next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
well they look cool.. looking forward to the review and pics.. i know you posted pic links but i like to see user pics myself.. other then the studio pics..

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
well they look cool.. looking forward to the review and pics.. i know you posted pic links but i like to see user pics myself.. other then the studio pics..
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about these. My regular Apple headphones started going out the other day, with the left ear bud buzzing on the low end frequencies. The temporary fix is to gently suck on the earbud to pull the "speaker" 's face back out, but I think the glue is gone, and it doesn't last long.
It's a huge shame that Apple didn't include better earbud. The clicker is still the best one out there, but the buds are only mediocre.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
According to UPS Tracking, I should be receiving my Headphones on Tuesday the 26th ( coincidence?).
There is a "burn in" time before I can actually use them, so I probably won't have a review of them till Wednesday night.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I got these today. Didn't really care for them. I've tried the Voda, UB7 and now these. UB7 had the best sound quality and their customer service was A1, but although the sound quality was crisp and clean it wasn't as full as I would like it. Plus at that price, I don't want an earbud that I have to insert just perfectly to get the best sound and I don't want to worry about those little plastic inserts.

I like the sound of the Voda, not as clean but a better range IMO. I hate the length and the mic. The button is the worst of all the earbuds I've tested. I'm still using them because overall sound is what I'm looking for.

Finally the Maximos have a great mic (light and small) and a great button design. The button is the "Y" connector (where the wire splits off for each earbud). Button is simple and easy. Length is perfect. My problem is the sound... it's worse than the stock earphones IMO. Looks like I'll have to eBay these earbuds.

I'm still looking for my perfect set of earbuds.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I got these today. Didn't really care for them. I've tried the Voda, UB7 and now these. UB7 had the best sound quality and their customer service was A1, but although the sound quality was crisp and clean it wasn't as full as I would like it. Plus at that price, I don't want an earbud that I have to insert just perfectly to get the best sound and I don't want to worry about those little plastic inserts.

I like the sound of the Voda, not as clean but a better range IMO. I hate the length and the mic. The button is the worst of all the earbuds I've tested. I'm still using them because overall sound is what I'm looking for.

Finally the Maximos have a great mic (light and small) and a great button design. The button is the "Y" connector (where the wire splits off for each earbud). Button is simple and easy. Length is perfect. My problem is the sound... it's worse than the stock earphones IMO. Looks like I'll have to eBay these earbuds.

I'm still looking for my perfect set of earbuds.
Papa, You probably didn't know this, and the user manual doesn't mention it, but you need to do a little "burn-in" time.
I got mine last night and I ran them 3.5 hours straight on 50% volume off my PC before I passed judgment on the sound. BIG difference. When I first tried them before the burn in, they sounded very trebly and mid-rangey, with almost no bass and the sound was pretty flat. Afterwards, they were very full sounding. Now I don't have anything else but stock to compare to, but I think they are definitely worth the money.
Do yourself a favor and connect them to a constant audio source and run them at half volume for at least 3 hours ( I hear 6 is much better) and then test them again. If you still don't like them, contact Maximo, since they have a lifetime warranty.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Thanks... I will try that. That's why I love these forums.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
In the iLounge review, they mentioned that the microphone and 'clicker' are separate. I haven't been able to see where the mic is. Is it black like the cord?

With the stock phones, I hate the way the sharp edges of the mic get caught on my shirt collars. Sometimes this pulls the bud out of my ear! Can you offer any insight on how the maximo might be different?

Maximo.... sounds like some kind of condom....

iKhanh

Aug 26, 2007
I can't find these things for less than 60 bucks. No-one has them in stock.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
just ordered a set based off of your review, i was going to mod my stock ones, to work with my shure 550 series, but i lost the stocks one, this saves me time. thanks.
ps. i like how they match the iPhone

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Glad to hear it. Make sure that you do the burn in time for at least 3 hours. I suggest connecting them to a radio or your PC and set the volume to halfway and just them them go. The longer, the better ( to a point).
The only other thing I would suggest is after you've done the burn in and are ready to actually use them, turn your volume all the way down, put them in your ears and SLOWLY increase the volume. I about deafened myself by not turning the volume down and just hitting play.
With the stock headphones, I generally had the volume at 3/4 of the way up.
With the maximos, about 1/4 to 1/3.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
I read somewhere that 6 hours is the best, what's your take on this? Or is just 3 hours enough?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I read somewhere that 6 hours is the best, what's your take on this? Or is just 3 hours enough?
6 hours would definitely be better. The longer the initial burn in, the better in my book. 3 hours is the minimum I would suggest to anyone.
Hell, if you can plug them up and let them run overnight, that would probably be the best case scenario.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
6 hours would definitely be better. The longer the initial burn in, the better in my book. 3 hours is the minimum I would suggest to anyone.
Hell, if you can plug them up and let them run overnight, that would probably be the best case scenario.
great, thanks. They will be here next Wednesday, since I'm going on a businesss trip until Sunday I opted for standard shipping since overnight would have them delivered the day after I left. I'll post my results AFTER the burn in for further evaluation for people interested.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
doing the initial burn in now, will post my review when its finished, gonna do an overnighter.

iKhanh

Aug 26, 2007
amazon now at retail. I shouldnt have waited so long =/ . I'm a cheapo and hate paying retail for ANYTHING.