Maxwell Battery Case not working with 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by liberated, Oct 16, 2013.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

The Maxwell battery case I bought for my iPhone 5 was the best battery case I ever used, now I'm getting the "accessory not supported" message when I connect it to my 5S and it will not charge it. I researched the problem and it seems to be related to Apple's restrictions on third party accessories. Does anyone know a workaround?

2. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Does the case have the authentication chip? If not you're out of luck I think.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Don't know, all I know is that the case worked well with my old iPhone 5

4. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

It is my understanding that some of the 3rd party accessories will work fine with the iPhone 5 but NOT with the iPhone 5S. I started getting these warnings after updating to iOS7. I bought some additional non OEM cables on eBay that assured me they would work for my 5 but NOT for the 5S. I received them and they do indeed work fine with no errors. Unfortunately, I have some third party battery cases that give me error messages but they proceed to work after I dismiss the warning. I don't know why the 5S is different in that respect but it appears to be an issue.

5. becker128mb

becker128mb New Member

This error message is coming up for several diff battery case chargers that worked iPhone 5 with iOS6. Its not a hardware issue. Its an iOS7 issue that the 3rd party accessory companies need to solve with Apple. Frustrating for many iOS7 users.

Sent using iCafe app