May have bricked my device. Please help

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by enjoylife1788, Jan 22, 2013.

1. enjoylife1788

enjoylife1788 Member
    Bronze

Hey guys,

My friend has an iPhone 3G 4.2.1 on which I had installed the iPad baseband. All was working well except one day it just stopped at the iPhone logo. I tried hard reset and all that but didn't help.

My friend has no knowledge of iPhones and jail breaking. So he just restored the iPhone in iTunes. Obviously it failed as it has iPad baseband.

Now It's not starting and have no clue what to do.

Is my device bricked. Hope not.

What can I do to get it working again?

Thanks for the help.

Sent using iCafe app

2. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

When your friend restored it in iTunes he won't have realised that when you have the ipad baseband installed you need to use a custom firmware to restore the phone.

You should be able to use redsn0w i think. Just search for Jailbreaking iPhone 3g 4.2.1 with redsn0w.
    Hopefully that helps a bit.

Hi, to restore iPhone 3G with iPad baseband do the following,

Download redsn0w 0.9.6 b5/6
    Download official 3G 4.2.1 fw, iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore - this is what you will need to download.
    And download custom fw 3G 4.2.1

Now open redsn0w, and click browse, select the stock/official fw file, and click next,
    Now you get to check a few things, here check the "just enter pwned dfu mode now"
    Click next and follow instructions, to put your iPhone onto dfu mode.. Let redsnow complete,

Now open iTunes (leave your iPhone connected to USB cable), and press "shift" on your keyboard and click restore at the same time, now browse and select the custom firmware
    file, and iTunes should let you restore successfuly... If you need anymore help then just post again, I'm sure someone will pipe in.

Hope I've been able to help somewhat.

3. enjoylife1788

enjoylife1788 Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the help. I did come across this and before I came across I had already unbricked the phone.

What I did was Downgraded the iPad baseband even though I couldn't start the device. I could put it in the dfu mode. After I downgraded the iPad baseband, iTunes could successfuly restore the phone. After which I again jail broke and installed the iPad baseband all over again.
    :)

Sent using iCafe app