May Have Bricked Phone

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
So I really think I screwed things up. In the downgrading process I used ibrickr to reboot the phone after installin 1.1.2. Now it my phone is just running lines of code. It has done this for 20 min. Every once in a while it flashes to the Apple logo, and starts again. Please help:sick::sick::sick:

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
plug your phone into your computer hold the sleep button and the home button this will force the phone into restore mode. iTunes will notice that its in it and you will be able to restore your phone

Sep 7, 2007
plug your phone into your computer hold the sleep button and the home button this will force the phone into restore mode. iTunes will notice that its in it and you will be able to restore your phone

most likely you'll have to force it into DFU mode, so while its plugged in do restart it by holding sleep and home while its running its endless code loop, then as soon as you see the Apple logo again hold sleep and home, yet as soon as it shuts off continue holding the home button. iTunes should now recognize it and you'll be able to restore.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
you sure you holding it long enough, because this has happened to my phone atleast 3 times and i get out of pretty fast. Is you phone unlocked?

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I don't really know. If I hold the sleep and home button i get the yellow triangle but before I can tell iTunes to update it, the code on the phone starts running and iTunes gives me an error 5