May I remove icons from the home page?

SAFX

Jul 11, 2008
I upgraded to the version 2.0 software, but is there a way to remove icone (Apple and non-Apple icons) from the home page? I don't use YouTube or Stocks. Can I remove them?

Thanks
SAF

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I upgraded to the version 2.0 software, but is there a way to remove icone (Apple and non-Apple icons) from the home page? I don't use YouTube or Stocks. Can I remove them?

Thanks
SAF

You can't remove them but you can move them to the next screen.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No, removing them is currently impossible. You can move them to your last page so it doesn't get in your way.

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
How?

How do I move them to the next page? Can't find my instructions.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
How do I move them to the next page? Can't find my instructions.
Press down and hold on any icon on your screen.
This will create a wiggle effect to the icons. This allows you to click an x to remove the icon or move the icon to a different location.
Simply hold an icon and drag it to a location to move it. Once you are through with the icons, press the bottom button of your iPhone to cancel out of the wiggle effect

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Press down and hold on any icon on your screen.
This will create a wiggle effect to the icons. This allows you to click an x to remove the icon or move the icon to a different location.
Simply hold an icon and drag it to a location to move it. Once you are through with the icons, press the bottom button of your iPhone to cancel out of the wiggle effect

Thanks a lot!

SAFX

Jul 11, 2008
No, removing them is currently impossible. You can move them to your last page so it doesn't get in your way.
But I want to get rid of the icon completely. Moving it to the next page is not good enough because I know the icon is still there laughing at me knowing I could not get rid of it.

There must be something you can do. Please. Can you speak to the emperor?

alkarit03

Aug 14, 2008
Hi everybody :D !
I have a little problem with an iPhone :s, i can't move the apps :s :s i tried everything... The apps can't move and i can't go to the other pages ! I have installed few apps but i can see just 2 of them because the others are stuck in the next page....
And by the way, it's the first time i've got this problem, because with my iPhone i can use and move the apps like i want.
Thx for helping :)

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Hi everybody :D !
I have a little problem with an iPhone :s, i can't move the apps :s :s i tried everything... The apps can't move and i can't go to the other pages ! I have installed few apps but i can see just 2 of them because the others are stuck in the next page....
And by the way, it's the first time i've got this problem, because with my iPhone i can use and move the apps like i want.
Thx for helping :)
That is bizarre, I would try resetting your phone by hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about 15 seconds until the screen goes off. If that does not work, just backup your phone and do a restore. Should fix the problem.

alkarit03

Aug 14, 2008
That doesn't fix the problem :( I tried this a lot, but with no results....
And the problem has always been here :s
And the worst is that now that i have installed some apps, they "pushed" the installer app to the next page and i can't access to it :s :s !
I also can't see the little "points" that allow you to see how many pages u have in the phone :mad:
But i don't really want to restore it because i'll loose all my data :s and how i'm i gonna do a backup of everything without using SSH ?

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
When you hook your phone up to your computer, it does an automatic backup of the phone. Just so you know. And as for your other problems, you're probably mistaking them for something else. I'd take into the Apple Store if it isn't jailbroken and the issue continues if there actually is an issue. If the issue continues and becomes too annoying (although you should get it fixed), you might be forced to do a full restore of the phone and RESTORE IT AS A NEW PHONE so the corrupted software is wiped out. Then you can take it into the Apple Store and I'm sure they'll fix it for you. :D