MBP Internet Sharing Now Works With iPhone

Since the 1.1.3 update, internet sharing on my MBP now works with my iPhone. Since last summer, I could never get it working. Now since the 1.1.3 update, it now works. Youtube, iTunes, Safari and all the rest now work and videos and songs start playing the first time!

When I would use my WiFi at home, it would connect but sometimes just to get a Youtube video to play, it would take 2-3 tries. I would often get the server error, same with song previews on iTunes. Now they start playing first time.

I can now take my MBP with me and because I use a Sprint broadband card with it, I can share my connection with my iPhone anywhere! I love this phone more and more everyday! I don't need no 3G! I already have it!

No. First I have my broadband card attached to a USB port and signed on to the internet. I then go into system preferences on the MBP and go to sharing. Click on the internet tab and click start. Now turn on Airport and the braodband connection will then be shared to any other computers as well as an iPhone. You can set a password by clicking on airport options in the sharing screen in system preferences.

AppleSVT

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I have yet to do this bc i have WiFi pretty much everywhere i go (i love living on a college campus) but i think i might give it a go when i get home tonight

AppleSVT

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Well it worked for about two days on both my iPhones than quit on both though nothing changed. I gave up and bought an Airport Extreme.
Hmm....perhaps some ports got closed or something? I would check your firewall settings...its working now for me but I'll have to keep an eye on it and find out what, if anything, changes.