MBP or MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IllusionEntity, Nov 14, 2011.

1. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Hey Guys! Just wanted to find out which one you would recommend between the MacBook Pro or MacBook Air? I'm leaning towards the MBA for portability. All I want is a powerful laptop that will do web browsing and tasks such as playing films and music. I want something that will run 10+ tasks at a time and still be very smooth running and not laggy.

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'm not doubting the MBA's power, but I'd go with a MBP. They are more than portable, the battery is great too.

3. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

Not to mention....you talking about movies online? because the air doesn't have any drives.

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Who wants to carry an external DVD drive around with them? I'd have an Air (if I had the money) for work because of the compact size and luckily for me I don't even need drives. I'd miss my MBP though :)

5. laughjimbo

laughjimbo Member
    Bronze

I would go for the Pro personally, I have a 13" MBP and love it, does everything I need and it's powerful. I take my MBP and ipad2 with me to work, both fit in a small laptop rucksack, not heavy or bulky. At least with the Pro you have the DVD drive like others have suggested.

Laughjimbo

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

6. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Who uses DVD's anymore? :)

I am due for a replacement for my MBP. I would like the form factor of the MBA but I want a 15 inch screen. I can do without the DVD drive. I can't remember the last time I put a disk in it. I burn a lot of DVD's but I do it in volume so I use my Sony 11 drive duplicator.

I am waiting till March. The rumor is that either a 15 inch MBA is coming or a thinner MBP without the optical drive. I need something with enough power to edit HD video on though. Not sure if the MBA's are up to that.

7. capri

capri Member
    Bronze

unless you need the portability, the macbook pro is my choice. As a matter of fact i have two of these babies and couldn't be happier.
    The mac air is nice if you travel a lot and really need to be light. But the MBP is light enough that it doesn't bother me when i travel.

8. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

If you want a 11'' laptop for portability and just traveling a lot, then get a MacBook Air. For the price of the 13'' model, I would get a MBP instead since I think it's worthy jump for such a nice portable device too, but can handle tasks better. You're not going to get air weight, but it's quite light already.

Depends really on form factor and size of screen you need.