Mcafee app

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Fantomas318 ツ, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Fantomas318 ツ

Bronze

Hello there!
    I have an Mcafee acc for my comp. so I thought, the I can as well download an app for my iPhone/iPad.
    I don't see any reviews on the Mcafee apps.
    So my question is shall I download one and what kind?
    Please help me understand.

//Thanks a lot, Richard.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Why would you need that for an iPhone? I've never known anyone to get a virus or malware on an iPhone. iPhones aren't like Android phones. Android phones do need protection, but even they are getting better. The iPhone just doesn't need it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

There are a few. If you follow the links below, you'll see reviews on some of them. This is only a partial list of apps by "McAfee, Inc."

McAfee Security - I don't think it offers a great deal more than what Apple already includes on iOS 8. It does include added protection for your photos and videos, but I don't see a need for this if you're using your passcode and/or Touch ID properly. Note that it will not offer added security for photos and videos on your camera roll. You must painstakingly copy these to their app, or take the photos using their camera app in the first place, and only there will they enjoy the added security. I will admit that I like their "Catch a Thief" function, which promises to send "a photo of the person holding your device" if it falls into the wrong hands—if and only if they try to break into the "photo and video vault."

McAfee Personal Locker - It claims to "Secure sensitive documents using face verification." I'm not sure why this is better than a fingerprint scan. It will likely be more time consuming.

McAfee SafeKey - This particular app in McAfee's repertoire hasn't been updated since September of 2013. You can get 1Password (which was recently updated) for free, and chances are you're going to be better off with it. It is considered by many to be the best password manager, although I'm perfectly happy with the built-in password management features of iOS.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Rubbish. As of now, there is no need to install an antivirus on your iPhone. The risk of malware will increase if your iPhone is jailbroken, however, and that risk usually comes from having pirate repos (which we don't support here on eiC) installed in Cydia.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Not all my passwords get added to the "built in" list on my phone. It seems only those in Safari are added. I had some old ones that never got added. I like 1Password. I had fun entering all 70 or so passwords to it. If you add the URL, it shows the logo or related image of the site or app. It's a nifty password keeper.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5