McDonalds and iPhone

slope

Bronze
Oct 21, 2007
Inside my Iphone
I saw this on another forum and thought it was an interesting idea.

"Walk into Starbucks/McDonalds/etc, pull out your iPhone, tap your order onto the screen, and wait for the notification that your order is ready for pickup.

Apple has a patent pending for a new wireless system which allows consumers to place their order from a wireless device, such as your iPhone, and receive a notification on the device when the order is ready for pickup.

The system would be integrated with some sort of payment system as well, word on that isn't clear. Perhaps some sort of online wallet-type application to hold your billing info, perhaps directly into iTunes. No word yet on when this would be rolled out, but its an interesting future"

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I saw this on another forum and thought it was an interesting idea.

"Walk into Starbucks/McDonalds/etc, pull out your iPhone, tap your order onto the screen, and wait for the notification that your order is ready for pickup.

Apple has a patent pending for a new wireless system which allows consumers to place their order from a wireless device, such as your iPhone, and receive a notification on the device when the order is ready for pickup.

The system would be integrated with some sort of payment system as well, word on that isn't clear. Perhaps some sort of online wallet-type application to hold your billing info, perhaps directly into iTunes. No word yet on when this would be rolled out, but its an interesting future"

That does sound pretty kool, but I would be afraid of the thiefs.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
In Japan, you can do all sorts of things with your cellphones like this. It's a really convenient concept if you have places to take make use of it.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
that is cool. i was just wondering there has been a few bans withing the las couple of weeks, that is original
i thought the same thing!
<~pwnt

but yeah this would be awesome. i'm fat(just kidding ladies). i'm american. i love fast food.

this reminds me of a gas station called Buckee's where you can order food from the gas pump.

Last edited by a moderator: