MDCrashReportTool and Syncing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPhoneGuy

Jul 10, 2007
I have Little Snitch loaded on my Mac and everytime I sync my phone I get a message that MDCrashReportTool is connecting to Apple. Does anyone know what this is doing?

Attachments

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
My guess is that any time an app crashes on your iPhone it probably is reported to Apple. I think it use to ask you when you opened up iTunes and would say you have crash data on your iPhone would you like to transmit to Apple. I'm guessing now it just does it.

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
I have Little Snitch loaded on my Mac and everytime I sync my phone I get a message that MDCrashReportTool is connecting to Apple. Does anyone know what this is doing?
When you first get your iPhone, you are asked if you would like to send data to Apple to better improve their service and the quality of their products. This is what that is all about. If you don't want it to happen, you can probably shut it off in iTunes...don't ask me how though. I had to reset my iPhone once and it asked me again, so if you are really annoyed by it just reset your phone back to factory and it will ask you if you want to do it and say no. I would just say ok, or whatever and I am sure it wont ask you again if you don't care about sending data to Apple about your phone. It says that no private data is sent, but its up to you. Hope this helps.

Jul 16, 2008
I have a slightly different issue with MDCrashReportTool. Whenever i launch iTunes to sync with my iPhone, i get a message saying MDCrashReportTool has unexpectedly quit. I used to have Little Snitch on my computer, but got rid of it some time ago.