me.com email working now for some!

CMatthews

Jul 4, 2007
Texas
If you are a .Mac subscriber, Apple appears to have activated the corresponding @me.com email addresses. I sent a test message to mine earlier and it worked. Me.com email will be delivered to email app you are using for .mac account without having to actually add the account to it, but may need to be added to send email from it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yep, read this on TUAW. So, does the email sent to name@me.com just appear in the .Mac inbox?

- John

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
yes, works for me now. but, i don't plan on ever using that version of my address - i'll stick with my .mac one until they pry it from my cold, dead hands. ;)

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
not working for me.. Making me think that I will not get to try mobile me, under my trial mode... Or they are just taking care of paying people first...

well i am a paying subscriber... family account at that... and it is not working for me yet so give it time. And its posted on Apple that your trial account will continue over to .me

Just a side not, I added an interesting email.

yoursoangry@mac.com

which will turn into

yoursoangry@me.com

Just a fun email to give to people that they can remember without writing down, then when I get a message from them, I can give them my correct address!

CMatthews

Jul 4, 2007
Texas
yes, works for me now. but, i don't plan on ever using that version of my address - i'll stick with my .mac one until they pry it from my cold, dead hands. ;)

Not planning on using it either, I hate trying to change everything over to a new email. Hopefully they'll never take .mac for current users.

CMatthews

Jul 4, 2007
Texas

yoursoangry@mac.com

which will turn into

yoursoangry@me.com

Just a fun email to give to people that they can remember without writing down, then when I get a message from them, I can give them my correct address!

Good one! I was thinking of doing something similar.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I added an alias yesterday...mywifelaughs@mac.com, which will get converted :)

Most of the really clever ones are already taken but there are a few still available.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
well i am a paying subscriber... family account at that... and it is not working for me yet so give it time. And its posted on Apple that your trial account will continue over to .me

yoursoangry@mac.com

which will turn into

yoursoangry@me.com

i like that! but you'll need to add an apostrophe to fix the misspelling and make it "you'resoangry@me.com" so it will make sense... :)

I knew someone would point that out LOL

The bad thing is I used to be an editor before I became a 'pig' but I went ahead and used that spelling anyway. Most of my friends here in redneck Kentucky cannot spell correctly anyway, so they do not know which spelling to use anyway.

And my name and aliases are working with @me.com now also!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
JJ, others - looks like this is definitely a 'staged' rollout of this feature. I tested quite a few times over the weekend to my (paid for / signed up) account and got all failures.

As of mid-morning today though, it is working for me ...

nic08

Jun 29, 2008
Looks pretty interesting, hope I could try it also :(

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I heard Steve Jobs will use the email address throwmoney@me.com :)

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yep, just tested again... wonder if this is something that slipped out from Apple, or they wanted it to be known, like the free wifi thing at starbucks that failed...