Meebo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DocHolliday

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I posted this in a another thread. I wanted others to see it in case they weren't poking around that thread.

I thought of a way, and this may have been posted before, forgive me if it has, but try http://www.meebo.com

This is a website that allows web browser access to MSN, Yahoo, AIM, Google Talk, and Meebo messenger. You won't have all the specific little functions of each individual messenger, but you will be able to IM with your contacts using the internet.

Hope you find this useful.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The problem is that the iPhone doesn't keep the edge connection (assuming you are using EDGE) once the site had loaded. So the connection get interrupted. I think there is a way to disable it and have it stay on, but I'm not sure.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Since the app was previewed for the 3.0 firmware I'm sure it won't be out before them. It uses the push notifications and such so it can't run on anything before 3.0.

On an OT note I wonder why Apple chose to let meebo develop one and not palringo or beejive both of which are already established IM clients.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Anyone tried it? I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone talking about it. I know a lot of people were waitig on it. It's free and basically has everything the paid apps have. Looks like it was released Jan 28. Anyone given it a whirl? I'm downloading it to give it a try to see how it compares with BeeJive.

Mar 2, 2009
California
I had no idea this was even out!

Thx bud, I'm gonna give it a shot and see what it's like. Reviews seem to be good so far, and the interface looks awesome.

I'll test it out a bit and be back with a review sometime later on....

Here's a link to the app store for anyone who wants it.

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
This was my favorite IM app when they had a web app version. I downloaded it first thing this morning. Welcome back my good friend, lol. I use IM+, and think it's great, but I always loved Meebo, so I will try it for the next few weeks.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Anyone else having trouble signing into their Google account? I can't make it work either in the app (hangs) or on a desktop (error message).